Not getting a job - Ridiculous

Well I took Oxford to the championship with 3 consecutive league titles and as i often do decied to have a little experiment so i wouldn't get too bored with Oxford then go back to it. So i noticed West Brom were in the championship and had sold 55m worth of players so thought i would get there manager sacked then apply for the job just for abit of fun between playing properly. So i added a new manager then retired him, applied for the job and didn't get it. This is outrageous someone who has won 3 consecutive league titles, when in the last 2 years they are expected to go down, would easily get a job higher than West Brom irl. Also when i resigned from Oxford not one word was said about it, irl the fans would be devastated. And this is all coming from someone who defends the game so much on here.

Well I took Oxford to the championship with 3 consecutive league titles and as i often do decied to have a little experiment so i wouldn't get too bored with Oxford then go back to it. So i noticed West Brom were in the championship and had sold 55m worth of players so thought i would get there manager sacked then apply for the job just for abit of fun between playing properly. So i added a new manager then retired him, applied for the job and didn't get it. This is outrageous someone who has won 3 consecutive league titles, when in the last 2 years they are expected to go down, would easily get a job higher than West Brom irl. Also when i resigned from Oxford not one word was said about it, irl the fans would be devastated. And this is all coming from someone who defends the game so much on here.

Sounds a bit unrealistic, but if you have a low repuation which you may still have it's harder to get a job.

getting jobs on this game is very weird.

I got relegated as Sheff Utd to league 1 after going into administration, got sacked, applied for and didnt get a job at Accrington Stanley (who are they?) and then got offered the Liverpool job without even declaring an interest in the job or winning ANY titles. They weren't even in decline they had finished second so were in the CL.

Very very odd.

IT all comes down to your reputation. If you set it high - you will get big job offers. Set it low and you will struggle to get jobs.

I find you should set it one or two levels above what you actually want because reputation doesn't increase fast enough (IMO).

Yeah i was guessing it would be a sort of reputation problem. Getting big jobs needs to be weighted as much towards the success you have had as well as your reputation and reputation needs to increase quicker.

Sounds fine to me.

Just because you were successful and could be considered an up-and-coming manager doesn't mean you'll automatically get the job. You don't have an entitlement to it! In RL they might not consider you to be the right type of manager for the job or just not high-profile enough to attract the right players.

Also remember that there is an element of chance in these things.

Archived