No logic in this game

I am talking about the transfer system here. I thought they have fixed it since its been broken since FM04. For example, the ai doesn't know how to negotiate. I can put in a bid of 5m, the ai will come back with an asking price of 8m. So fair enough, I up my bid to 7m, and then guess. The ai comes back with a bid of 10m. And this will be going up and up unless you accept their initial demand which is always the lowest it will go.

Whats the point of giving us the negotiate button when the ai doesn't know how to negotiate.

i have noticed something like that. but on mine, i will put bid like 5 million more then the player is worth. and then they will come back with like 30 million more. if they dont want sell him just say no lol

Originally posted by Bababui:

Sounds like other offers from other clubs are what is driving the price up.

No, I was the only one bidding. I can bid ANY amount for a player and if I negotiate their offer, then they will come back with a new one that is ALWAYS higher than the one before. They do not compromise.

Originally posted by themavsman:

I am talking about the transfer system here. I thought they have fixed it since its been broken since FM04. For example, the ai doesn't know how to negotiate. I can put in a bid of 5m, the ai will come back with an asking price of 8m. So fair enough, I up my bid to 7m, and then guess. The ai comes back with a bid of 10m. And this will be going up and up unless you accept their initial demand which is always the lowest it will go.

Whats the point of giving us the negotiate button when the ai doesn't know how to negotiate.

Its worse then that though. I get situations where I'll offer 18m. They offer 25mil. I offer, they offer 30mil. So I'll be like.... fine.... 25mil. And they come back with 33mil.... Its like, hang on...

If this way only once every few seasons over a player they really wanted to play hardball with, I could understand. But not every transfer.

The transfer system is by far the most wrong thing with this game. It gets to the point where every prem quality player goes randomly to any club for 30mil +.

Sorry to through the name Andy Carroll in again, but when I initially bid for him they wanted £53 million. So I kept at it and eventually we came to a compromise of £29 million. This is probably because Carroll was unsettled by the speculation, but the AI will never sell their best players unless it is really worth it.

Originally posted by Some guy....:

Sorry to through the name Andy Carroll in again, but when I initially bid for him they wanted £53 million. So I kept at it and eventually we came to a compromise of £29 million. This is probably because Carroll was unsettled by the speculation, but the AI will never sell their best players unless it is really worth it.

Exactly. The AI just don't want to sell the player and that's why they keep bumping up the price, surely that's logical icon_razz.gif Anyway as long as you keep bidding or stating interest, if you're good enough the player will become unsettled and they are likely to accept a decent amount rather than the insane amounts.

I experienced it with Huntelaar, Ajax kept uping the amount until it hit £40m, eventually he became usnettled and requested a transfer and was available for £8m. I didn't get the little sod because he accepted Roma despite it being me that had shown all the initial interest icon_mad.gif

Steffen Nielson, by far my best piece of buisness. 26 year old amazing Midfielder from Arsenal, who were at the time falling rapidly down the table. I just declared interest because I thought: "Well, it can't hurt can it". He became unsettled nearly immediately and so I offered £1 million less than his value. Needless to say that I was stunned when they accepted. Arsenal are now back to their former glorious selves (after spending what seems like an endless pot of gold) and I have an amazing midfielder who's value is now £10 million more than I payed for him. Oh, also just to make this point clear, he was valued at £16.5 million, and he was Arsenal's best player that season. I offered £15.5 Million and now he's worth over £25 million.

sometimes if you bid well below what they are asking the third or fourth time eg. you bid 10m, they say 20m, so you say 15m, they say 25m, so you say fine 20m and they renegotiate higher again, and you're not liking this so you say "fine then 7.5m" and they usualy get scared (i think) and they negotiate smaller again. i've experienced this before a few times... maybe try that?

Originally posted by themavsman:

aah the AI does know how to negotiate.

i've had many back and forth negotiations where we've finally settled on something nearer to what i wanted.

it happens more at the end of the transfer window when the selling club finally realises they may lose out.

i kept pestering man city for micah richards. they kept upping his price to 70mill + 10% sell on.

until the last day of transfer window where they finally accepted my offer for 35mill.

Originally posted by howdy-doody:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by themavsman:

broken since FM04.

FM04 icon_eek.gif surely im not the only one who noticed this?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hes probably talking about CM 03/04. Same game with a different name and a different skin.

Archived