AI Injuries

I'm QPR in Season 2. Got promoted and am sitting in 9th after 11 games (shades of Hull in rl methinks coming up as I have not played any of the top 4 yet) which i am very happy with, considering the strength and depth of my squad.

I have just played Man City at home and got done 0:2. They had Husyev injured in the first 5 minutes. His conditioning went down to 69 immediately. I decided to hard tackle him and close him down as Razvan Rat has full conditioning and can run a bit anyway. He finished the match with a goal and an assist, rating 7.9, man of the match and generally tore me up for toilet paper, running up and down the wing the whole game. His conditioning got a little better as he 'ran off his injury' I assumed and finished the match at 67. Just checked and he is now out for 4 weeks with a foot injury.

Had I been managing Man City, he would have been hooked as soon as i saw his conditioning at 69, especially as Quaresma and Valencia were sitting fully fit on the bench. Am I wrong in thinking this? Cant quite fathom why the AI would keep an injured player on for the whole game like that

Archived