Postpone a game?

Right, is it possible to postpone a game due to the number of international call ups? If so how does one go about it?

I have just had my Forest team go through 2 games, one against Portsmouth in the Premiership which we drew 1-1 away, with not enough real players to fill any place on the bench bar the U18 GK.

Then I just got beaten 8-0 by an Arsenal team at full strength while I had a grand total of 3 players available for the game... All my other players were away on international duty. 12 for U21 competition and 8 for National squad places. Plus I had 4 long term injuries. Obviously that is quite frustrating.

Luckily it was only the FA 6th round replay as my Forest team are 1st in the EPL, unbeaten for the whole season.

If this is not implemented in FM09, can it get implemented in the next version so this kind of thing does not happen again?

By the way I searched for postpone game but only came up with stuff from the African Nations Cup.

It would be a good thing to have. It should take into account the available players in the first team when determining if a game should be postponed. If something like 50-60% are on international duty then the game should allow the proposed postponement.

Archived