When starting a new game...

very first thing I do is sort out training.

Then I move into sorting out my tactics looking at what players I have that will fit in and which will need to go.

I then send my scouts out one of which is always looking for youth and one in south America (if my board allows it).

Thats my routine for every club I take over.

best thing to do is go to the tactic and training forum. There are loads of people posting in there that are far better at explaining traning than me.

Just do a quick search.

The one bit of advice I can give you though is to make sure you dont over work your players or else you will end up with loads of injuries.

First thing I do is assess my players; who is going to make up the current starting 11, who will be useful subs, who will be placed into the Reserves / onto the transfer list / who will be released. Identify the weaknesses in the squad and make sure you have wage-bill resources to cover it. It might take you a few friendlies before you settle on those decisions, as you never truly can tell from stats alone. I'd suggest watching at least those first few games in Full Match Mode (personally I watch all of mine in this mode as I feel you know your team and your tactics better, and can make better-informed managerial decisions).

Secondly sort your tactics out, use friendlies as practice (that's if you haven't settled on tactics from a previous save - but still - which tactic will work with your players / in your division . with the resources available to you?).

Thirdly, Scout, and build up transfer targets that will fit in with your ambitions / wage budget / transfer budget.

none of which should be rocket science :p

(well, except possibly for tactics :D)

1) Go through the staff and act accordingly

2) Set up training schedules

3) Asses the team. Anyone not good enough goes to the Reserves

4) Clear out as many Reserve players as possible (always nice to save money, but then again, I do play in the lower leagues of Eastern Europe).

1 - set my team setting so my AM does press conferences,arranges friendlies and controls my team for friendly matches

2 - check which players are interested in coming to my club

3 - transfer list the players not needed

4 - offer younger players out on loan (only the players worth keeping in the long run)

Archived