Key Invalid

My key is invalid according to key look up and it deffinatly isnt, i used it to register over the phone and it said that registration was complete, i tried to launch FM09 and it says my trial has expired, followed the FixV3 steps as assisted and get a failed -709 error but now when i check my key in the key look up site it says its invalid

yes and iv had no help, I paid my money so i want to play the game

I have to protest at this statement. I tried to help although ultimately I was nto as useful as you might have liked. Neil offered to help you and I assume he is doing so. There is no point starting duplicate threads for the same thing and bumping them every few minutes. I doubt there is an S.I. employee on these boards 24/7 so stop complaining. Have you searched the FAQ's? Have you read the numerous threads that are about activation problems? It doesn't sound like it.

I have to protest at this statement. I tried to help although ultimately I was nto as useful as you might have liked. Neil offered to help you and I assume he is doing so. There is no point starting duplicate threads for the same thing and bumping them every few minutes. I doubt there is an S.I. employee on these boards 24/7 so stop complaining. Have you searched the FAQ's? Have you read the numerous threads that are about activation problems? It doesn't sound like it.

yes i have

iv emailed him but had no reply for the last 3 hours

I'm sure he has a life to get on with you know. Be patient. Send him another polite email asking for his help. Obviously it's frustrating not being able to play the game but I'm sure it will get sorted.

I'm sure he has a life to get on with you know. Be patient. Send him another polite email asking for his help. Obviously it's frustrating not being able to play the game but I'm sure it will get sorted.

iv sent him 3 emails without reply so dont want to email him again just wanted to see if anybody else can help, ill have to get off home soon and its drizing me crzy it just seems that SI are quick enough to take our money, but when i comes to help there not so quick

yes i have

Then why is that when I do a search I can find dozens of threads with the same or similar problems? And why is it that when I click on one of these threads that seem to have an identical problem to yours, do I find a solution?

Strange.

Then why is that when I do a search I can find dozens of threads with the same or similar problems? And why is it that when I click on one of these threads that seem to have an identical problem to yours, do I find a solution?

Strange.

enlighten me on the solution please, if its FixV3 that isnt working im getting a failed -709 error

He's paid his money so he wants to play it he dont want to wait 3 days to play it

He certainly has paid his money but the people on these boards are trying to help. The people who don't reply probably can;t help and if the OP actually used the search facility he would find the solution.

He's paid his money so he wants to play it he dont want to wait 3 days to play it

If you have nothing constructive to say, then please don't post.

He probably won't have to wait three days.

The other alternative is to create a ticket on the SEGA Help website. You can logon with the same details you use here.

enlighten me on the solution please, if its FixV3 that isnt working im getting a failed -709 error

I don't know how to post links for threads but if you type into thr search facility "trial period expired" there will be a thread about 8 from the top with what seems to be an identical problem. One of the posts contains a link which gives a solution.

Hope this helps.

I don't know how to post links for threads but if you type into thr search facility "trial period expired" there will be a thread about 8 from the top with what seems to be an identical problem. One of the posts contains a link which gives a solution.

Hope this helps.

read that matey it didnt work and now according to key look up my key is 'invalid'

read that matey it didnt work and now according to key look up my key is 'invalid'

No luck my friend. All I can say is read through the other threads. I have no idea how to fix it but you surely can;t be the only person to have had this particular problem.

im not willing to wait that long, plus the game shop would wonder why i never returned it straight away

You'll probably have to. He might not be working weekends, and probably has many more emails to deal with between yours. Have patience and grow up, putting it bluntly.

The game shop would just assume you played it over the weekend and didn't like it.

Hershie behave yourself, its you that should grow up and understand that in the real world when you pay good money for something (hard earned money) you shouldnt have to jump through hoops just to get the damn thing to work

Anyway thanks to all that did help, I managed to get the game working last night, I removed everything, installed the game again but before registering i updated the patches first then activated and it worked, Can i suggest maybe putting this option in the known problems thread and maybe somebody check the 'key look up' site as that site told me my key was invalid which it obviously wasnt

Thanks again

Hershie behave yourself, its you that should grow up and understand that in the real world when you pay good money for something (hard earned money) you shouldnt have to jump through hoops just to get the damn thing to work

Anyway thanks to all that did help, I managed to get the game working last night, I removed everything, installed the game again but before registering i updated the patches first then activated and it worked, Can i suggest maybe putting this option in the known problems thread and maybe somebody check the 'key look up' site as that site told me my key was invalid which it obviously wasnt

Thanks again

So, after all the hubbub and getting narky, the very first thing that anyone should try regarding a problem with any software (uninstall/reinstall) worked! You could have saved yourself a lot of frustration had you tried the simplest option! FWIW, you wouldnt have got a refund had you taken it back to the shop!

Thanks again

No no. In the real world, sh*t happens and sometimes you have to do things yourself, because you can't expect others to bend over backwards for you straight away, particularly if you're taking an attitude with them.

Anyway, congratulations on getting it working. Enjoy.

I would have because my cousin did, it took alot of argueing but he got his money back

Hardly worth the hassle IMO if you could've avoided a row and looking like a bit of a tw*t in public, for the sake of an extra 48 hours.

Anyway, this topic seems to have served its useful purpose now?

Archived