Just how much money does the Chairman want?

Just how much money does the ******* Chairman want?

The club is filthy rich 'cause he keeps selling my best players for way below what I want for them. Other clubs would get 'funny money' for these players.

Why the need when the club has become mega rich already over the years?

I finally sign left back Guilherme after trailing him for a few years. He's at the club a few months and my Chairman decides the club needs another £15M in the bank. Why?

I have no way of saying to him "Well up yours pal, I'm off!!" and the fans don't seem to give a **** that he keeps doing this (or at least never say anything).

Just how much money does the ******* Chairman want?

The club is filthy rich 'cause he keeps selling my best players for way below what I want for them. Other clubs would get 'funny money' for these players.

Why the need when the club has become mega rich already over the years?

I finally sign left back Guilherme after trailing him for a few years. He's at the club a few months and my Chairman decides the club needs another £15M in the bank. Why?

I have no way of saying to him "Well up yours pal, I'm off!!" and the fans don't seem to give a **** that he keeps doing this (or at least never say anything).

yeah, i'm with you on this one icon_mad.gif

heaps of cash in the bank and don't need any more. perfect team and doing well on all fronts then a club bids for one of the star players (CB for example) and its cheerio due to the Chairman accepting the offer as it was 'too good' icon_frown.gif

fans don't blink an eye when the player is sold, but then you lose the next due to shody defending they are up in arms as your out of the cup, the board tut tut you!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coop:

Just how much money does the ******* Chairman want? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's his club

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The club is filthy rich 'cause he keeps selling my best players for way below what I want for them. Other clubs would get 'funny money' for these players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Low Ambition, Low Business Sense

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why the need when the club has become mega rich already over the years? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Low Ambition, Low Business Sense

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I finally sign left back Guilherme after trailing him for a few years. He's at the club a few months and my Chairman decides the club needs another £15M in the bank. Why? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What did you pay for him?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I have no way of saying to him "Well up yours pal, I'm off!!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Resign? Take another job?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and the fans don't seem to give a **** that he keeps doing this (or at least never say anything). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, that annoys me too, the lack of fan disquiet over anything beyond you "failing to take chances" in a 6-0 defeat.

It just winds me up at times. He sold Kleber, my old LB, in January for 10.5M. I managed to replace him with Guilherme. Unfortunately he lasted just over 5 months.

I am now struggling to find a LB of sufficient quality and am having to retrain a DM (with good fullback attributes) to play LB which will clearly take time.

thank god for Daniel Levy then, when Real Madrid, Manchester United etc came in with 28 million bids for Guilherme, he left it to me. Of course i rejected, he's class. First season in the Premier League and he was tearing it apart on the left.

Of course, if more came in, i'd sell him and buy Kleber instead. Or Taye Taiwo.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheFuzzyOne:

thank god for Daniel Levy then, when Real Madrid, Manchester United etc came in with 28 million bids for Guilherme, he left it to me. Of course i rejected, he's class. First season in the Premier League and he was tearing it apart on the left.

Of course, if more came in, i'd sell him and buy Kleber instead. Or Taye Taiwo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Levy is king. 50 mil US for Lennon and he lets me make the decison. Thank you Mr. Levy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skunner:

Just out of curiosity, but does anyone know if this kind of thing happens IRL? If so, how often? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All the time. Very few managers get to over-rule the board on matters of finance.

My chairman hasn't stepped in yet, but thats probably because my most valued player is only worth 24k and I'm in the Blue Squares South xD, All his expectations are to establish myself in the Blue Squares South, With a 0$ transfer fee, and a 5.75k wage budget. xD

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave C:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skunner:

Just out of curiosity, but does anyone know if this kind of thing happens IRL? If so, how often? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All the time. Very few managers get to over-rule the board on matters of finance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a lot of managers dont get to negotiate like on the game,

harry redknapp had no idea what was being payed for defoe or what he was getting for benjani

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave C:

All the time. Very few managers get to over-rule the board on matters of finance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a lot of managers dont get to negotiate like on the game,

harry redknapp had no idea what was being payed for defoe or what he was getting for benjani </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In Spain and Italy and most places around the world the manager doesnt have any involvement in negotiating the transfer.

As I see it, you have two options:

a) resign

b) stop bleating and get on with your job

It's his club, his money, his players, and he can do what he likes.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but welcome to the world of football management. FM already gives up way, way more control over transfers in and out of the club than real-life managers have, so be grateful for that.

ideally, if the club is in dire financial straits, the chairman should be willing to sell a lot of players for amounts that aren't miles above their value. if the club are extremely financially secure, the chairman should leave whether or not to accept the bid up to the manager, regardless of his interference or ambition, unless the bid is amazingly high (and is thus genuinely too good to refuse)

however, fm doesn't seem to operate like this, and this chairmen will often sell players over your head even when the club clearly doesn't need the money

you could argue about realism, but the game has to a certain degree be fun and playable, and taking the majority of transfers out of the managers hands would make the game far less enjoyable

That happened to me whilst i was managering Sunderland, my board accepted bids for three of my top players, for nowhere near the asking price. Then expected me to finish in the top half, whilst i had to buy a whole new defence.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by graeme355:

There is a trick to it, a bit of a cheat i suppose, but when he accepts the offer for the player, go in and offer the player a new contract if he accepts yours the sale falls through. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really a trick, your giving the player two contracts to look at, the new one at your club or the new one at the club that has had the bid accepted.

If he is going to be a key part of your squad, make sure his role in the club reflects that. I have had plenty of youngsters, hot prospects and back ups sold by my manager, but he has yet to sell a Key player.

Also if you can afford to pay him much more than he is worth, the player is unlikely to leave for less money, unless the club is a much bigger (read higher reputation).

Archived