Gateshead in 2021.

I just finished 2nd behind Man City who won their 6th premier league title in a row, runners up all the other years was Arsenal. Chelsea have become an elevator team and got relegated again for the 3rd time while Man Utd nor Liverpool play any role in the league anymore. The big teams are Man City, Gateshead, Leeds and Arsenal.

I complained about the board not doing anything about my stadium in a previous post, but it is apparantly very doable to run a good economy with a 13000 all sitter stadium mostly because clubs like Real Madrid seem to pay ridiculous sums for my players. I would still like a bigger stadium, but the board isnt very cooperative in this issue.

I hired Gattuso as ass. manager and he eats the press alive ... so I let him do the talking :-) .

Things I dont understand:

1. I finished 2nd in the league with the worst goalkeeper rating in the league, he had 6.44 and is a regen spanish national keeper, I have tried others but no keeper seems able to play well for me .... except for one time where I actually won the FA cup final where Man City were running all over my team. I vary tactics and try to keep a sensible approach but nonetheless I just can´t get any keepers to play well. As for clear cut chances no team ever gets more than 2 against my team, I have a pretty tight defence.

2. I had a wonderfull regen who never played because he was always injured, he was 5 years at gateshead with 40 games played and yet every single club in Europe wanted his signature. I was hoping his injury periods would deminuish but they didnt, so I sold him to Real for 35 million euro. I can understand Real bidding .... but not the other 7 clubs, its like they didnt care wether the guy never plays. Only Real Madrid is usually that stupid.

3. There are too many good players in my game ... is that just randomness and "luck" with regens or a general thing? Its probably the reason to my success, too many good players left in the cold I snatched up for free.

4. Why do boards suck? :-) .... I want a decent stadium. Will be kind of weird to play CL with an english team and such poor stadium conditions.

The reason so many players appear good, is one footedness, because they only have 1 foot which is very good they're able to develop other stats really well. Players who are injury prone at one stage in their career aren't always later on, and the AI figuring may be that its down to your training etc (which it may well be). I've had problems with my board and trying to get a new stadium, I do have a 60,000 seater, but could really do with more seats. Just have to live in hope I suppose.

I just finished 2nd behind Man City who won their 6th premier league title in a row, runners up all the other years was Arsenal. Chelsea have become an elevator team and got relegated again for the 3rd time while Man Utd nor Liverpool play any role in the league anymore. The big teams are Man City, Gateshead, Leeds and Arsenal.

I complained about the board not doing anything about my stadium in a previous post, but it is apparantly very doable to run a good economy with a 13000 all sitter stadium mostly because clubs like Real Madrid seem to pay ridiculous sums for my players. I would still like a bigger stadium, but the board isnt very cooperative in this issue.

I hired Gattuso as ass. manager and he eats the press alive ... so I let him do the talking :-) .

Things I dont understand:

1. I finished 2nd in the league with the worst goalkeeper rating in the league, he had 6.44 and is a regen spanish national keeper, I have tried others but no keeper seems able to play well for me .... except for one time where I actually won the FA cup final where Man City were running all over my team. I vary tactics and try to keep a sensible approach but nonetheless I just can´t get any keepers to play well. As for clear cut chances no team ever gets more than 2 against my team, I have a pretty tight defence.

2. I had a wonderfull regen who never played because he was always injured, he was 5 years at gateshead with 40 games played and yet every single club in Europe wanted his signature. I was hoping his injury periods would deminuish but they didnt, so I sold him to Real for 35 million euro. I can understand Real bidding .... but not the other 7 clubs, its like they didnt care wether the guy never plays. Only Real Madrid is usually that stupid.

3. There are too many good players in my game ... is that just randomness and "luck" with regens or a general thing? Its probably the reason to my success, too many good players left in the cold I snatched up for free.

4. Why do boards suck? :-) .... I want a decent stadium. Will be kind of weird to play CL with an english team and such poor stadium conditions.

Wow you have really done well with gateshead then !

And i aggree with all of those points, the A.I Manager to put it bluntly is thick ! ... The transfer system is very unrealistic as they can pay over £30 million for 1 player and only give him 5 games. Then they also release world-class regens

So what SI have done is created a system that is meant to reflect real-life transfers but then teams release players who have the potential to be better then ronaldo, messi and kaka etc...

Stadiums need a lot of money, and i mean a lot! It does happen, if you can find it, Dafuges challenge thread. In there are lots of teams who have been brought up from BSN/S to prem and beyond and the majority have had shiny new stadiums (i saw dafuge recently say he had a 130,000 seater stadium on 08).

This is close to my heart, as im managing Gateshead. My board has just finished upgrading the stadium to 13,750 or something. Im in my first season in the prem, sitting 6th after 9 games although ive yet to play any teams in the top 10.

I have just had 1 regen of note come thorugh my ranks, and he has only just come through.

The reason so many players appear good, is one footedness, because they only have 1 foot which is very good they're able to develop other stats really well.

I'm not sure that's true. My perception of the situation was that the game doesn't properly implement the fact that two-footed players are more likely to be good ones.

One thing is sure, the weird transfer market makes it possible to run Gateshead just fine without a large stadium, however I would have prefered a more realistic approach from the board.

Baker: Is City dominating your league too?

Yeah, West Brom are scarily good aswell!

Was actually thinking of starting a game with WBA ...

Which is the lowest ranked team in FM with a 30.000 capacity stadium?

Just checked with GenieScout. United Sports Club (rep. of just 1,000), followed by Mohammedan in India. A few teams share the Salt Lake stadium, capacity 120,000 !! And they really are bad! Not sure if United are playable at the start - just go through the Indian National Football League - it's small.

Archived