Making my players angry

so i got one of those "who do you think will win the league" questions and i did a "no comment" since i was predicted to finish last in the BSN as FCUM. it came up a few more times and i said no comment each time. now im down to the end of the season, 2 games left with a 5 point lead over 2nd place and i got asked the question, so i picked FCUM since i think im gonna win it....which made my team react in a negative manner! why is this happening, and does it even make a difference or should i just send my assman to the press from now on?

well none of them actually have the player reacted negatively to your comment things so i guess it didnt really matter in the end, i hope this gets changed though so it does actually matter or so that their reactions arent weird like that

That question absolutely p**ses me off! I hate it when they ask you twice more after you said no comment.

The whole press conference engine is far too generic for me and is a bit FIFA managerish.

I'm at Derby and my Ass man is an ass. He keeps ruining the press conferences so I have started doing them, big mistake.

Rob hulse played a good game today, were you pleased with his performance

Yeh he had a good game

Rob Hulse feels you are putting too much pressure on him... wtf

I'm at Derby and my Ass man is an ass. He keeps ruining the press conferences so I have started doing them, big mistake.

Yeh he had a good game

Get ready for a baron spell from him then!

Crazy reaction, I could understand if they were reacting like that to the question at the start of the season asking if player x is gonna be key. Put praising a performance that has already been made doesn't apply pressure.

Yeah, questions like that are based purely on club reputation/odds, not actual performance and league position. I had a situation where I went into the last game with something like a 15 GD shift needed for me to lose the league title, yet still my players didn't like it. I actually ended up losing the match, though only by 1 goal. Same thing with thinking rivals are going to win the league. I mean, sure, we don't like them, but when they need 1 point from 4 games, I don't think anyone's going to get upset when I say I think they're going to win :rolleyes:

Yeh he had a good game

Actually, IIRC, the "pleased" (ie second from top) option is something along the lines of "I'm pleased with his performace and expect him to keep playing like that.

So I can sort of understand the pressure.

Archived