How is Manager of the Month calculated in EPL....just a mini gripe with the game

Hi,

Before I attract all the moaners I would like to say that I love the game and have been playing FM since it was CM on the Amiga.

Now, with a game so complex it is obvious that somethings will be overlooked and the game cannot be "perfect". Almost all of the little bugs you can "work around" and the game is still very enjoyable.

I definitely won't lose any sleep over this, but it does bug me a little bit when in my game the boss of Arsenal (C.Ancelotti) wins Manager of the Month for winning 3 out of 3 games scoring 8 goals and conceding 3(away to Shef Weds, home to Derby and home to Newcastle).

Where as I also won 3 out of 3 games scoring 12 and conceding 6(home to Liverpool, away to Chelsea and home to Middlesbrough).

We both got 9pts from 3 game, I had better goal difference plus my games were more difficult.

So, does anyone know how the AI chooses who wins Manager of the Month?

In a reverse situation, I won manager of the season in season 4 after winning the league with FC Bayern. A newly promoted Offenbach came 3rd despite being tipped for relegation so IMO he should have got manager of the season instead of me.

Originally posted by Nomis07:

In a reverse situation, I won manager of the season in season 4 after winning the league with FC Bayern. A newly promoted Offenbach came 3rd despite being tipped for relegation so IMO he should have got manager of the season instead of me.

Good point Nomis07, I have only ever seen the manager of the team that wins the league get Manager of the Season.

Originally posted by triggerluke:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

Good point Nomis07, I have only ever seen the manager of the team that wins the league get Manager of the Season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, absolutely hate when that happens. If a club massively overachieves, the manager should be given credit for it.

I came second and won MotY, despite not winng the monthly award at all icon_biggrin.gif.

As for the awarding it to an overachiving team, I've had that situation. Newly promoted, came second, lost the title on goals scored by one goal, and won it.

Archived