Getting re-hired????

I'm playing in a game with a friend online. We both started in coca cola league 2. After the first season I got promoted but he got fired from his job after the season. I'm continuing the game into the second season while he's on holiday waiting for a job. It's now oct 17 of the year 2 and he still has no job offers. I'm the host of the online game. Has anybody had this much trouble getting re-hired or is this a possible glitch in the online game?:confused:

It depends how low his reputation is. He can go a year before being offered a job. I certainly went that long when choosing sunday league footballer and starting unemployed. The fact that I wasn't English definitely didn't help.

It depends how low his reputation is. He can go a year before being offered a job. I certainly went that long when choosing sunday league footballer and starting unemployed. The fact that I wasn't English definitely didn't help.

That kind of doesn't make sense to me.... I understand creating a game that is realistic, which fm2009 definitely is.... but isn't the point of video game to play it and not wait months and months for another job in a virtual world?:thdn:

It's just where the game is being realistic imo, i wouldnt believe that a club even in league 2 would take someone on who obviously didnt have a high enough rep to be considered for the post as manager unless the club was very desperate.

It's just where the game is being realistic imo, i wouldnt believe that a club even in league 2 would take someone on who obviously didnt have a high enough rep to be considered for the post as manager unless the club was very desperate.

Manchester United wouldn't hire someone of the street either, but on this game you can do that. So maybe that's where the realism and game playing should come together. It shouldn't take more then a month before you're offered a new job so you can PLAY and not sit and watch for no reason. Not saying a great job but a job. We're playing with 13 countries so he should have been offered a job by now.

You can start the game by getting a position which your reputation doesn't qualify you for. It does have consequences though (and quite serious ones unless you are fairly capable at the game). However if you totally fail at management at a club and your reputation sinks to such a low ebb no-one will employ you, then obviously that should be considered a 'failed' game. Not necessarily game over though, because you can always add new managers...

Might be worth the OP's friend creating a new manager with a higher reputation and starting unemployed while retiring his 'failed' manager.

Archived