A few small ideas for FM10

Ok, these are just small very doable things which would improve the game.

1. The search option should be similar to wikipedia search, meaning if you type "steven gerrard" you would go straight to Steven Gerrard profile, instead of having the choose between the only Steven Gerrard in the game.

2. In the "home stats" "away stats" there should be stated numbers of mistakes/mistakes leading to a goal.

3. Should be a training option to train the weaker foot, similar to training new position. It could be 10% of players whole training.

4. While the press conference is a pretty cool feature, its a bit repititive.

5. There should be a feature for the manager to set up a press conference, i.e. before his resignation, before a buy/sell or to resolve some issues or just to talk about things, biggest managers usually have friendly press conference they have once a week or so.

6. I really dislike how the A.I. is poor at seeing potential in players. How often REALLY good regens get released by their teams or sold for small value. That's something which needs improving.

1. Stupid idea, would work for very few players, and it might mess up if a regen comes along with the same name as a player who had a unique name, nothing wrong with having to do an extra click of the mouse.

2. Difficult to define mistake, which could be a problem like what we had with CCC at first, but it should definatly be do-able, nice feature if they put it on the player stats for the match as well

3. Yes I like it

4. Would be nice if they threw a few more questions in there but I'm not sure what else they could do with it

5. Yeah sure sounds good

6. Agree with you, mainly Spainish clubs who have amazing regens on small release clauses, stupid Spanish rules

Like your ideas apart from number 1:thup:

I'll add to that,

When managing an international team and you have to drop a player because he is injured this should be the reason given in any press announcement that is made about the squad you have picked, just like when you recall someone who has been out through injury the press should say, "Player X has been recalled to the squad after over coming his recent injury problems". Not like it does not where the press report it something along the lines of "player X has been recalled after being dropped form the last squad".

You should also be able to give reasons why you have dropped a player form your international squad, for example, lack of form, not playing enough first time football, not playing at a high enough level and of course because the player(s) have been injured!

I agree with you on all except 1. for the same reason as Bob.

Just think you could do this for 2, its abit time consuming though:

you could always take note of such stats from the players stats on there palyer profiles before a match, then refer to them after (going back to the players stats after the match to see any mistakes etc)

but i would say that alot of the people on this forum would agree with your idea's.

In regards to my 1. idea I meant only if there was one results from the search his profile would appear, ie if there would be one Steven Gerrard in the game and you search for him his profile would appear without clicking, but if there were multiple Steven Gerrard in the game then you would have to make the extra click.

How lazy can you be? Its not difficult to click 1 extra time...

Has nothing to do with lazyness. But obviously its more comfortable and so easy to change.

The speed of the game has to be improved. I went back to playing FM 08 months ago. FM 09 became unplayable for me. I'm already in doubt about buying FM 10, but if I do and it sucks then that's it for me.

By speed of the game I mean processing and also the dross like press conferences.

The only thing good about FM 09 for me has been the quality of the regens (although too one-footed) and the 3D graphics (although now they stutter on 2D). The bad things are too many to list and have been stated to death on the forums already.

I give it a playability of 2/10.

Archived