Transfers and Youth

I have just started to notice that on my game there seems to be very very transfers. Especially big transfers. I am managing Man Utd and Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool do not seem to delve into the transfer market often. This maybe due to the ludricous transfer fee that everyone demands. If the £45million transfer price tags seem inflated now, then what avbout A.C. Milan demanding £113million for a 31-year-old Flamini. I have seen this happen a lot with a lot of players. Its incrediably frustrating. But my major concern is the effects this has had on the teams around me, especially the major ones. The 3 teams already mentioned, and including the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter and A.C. Milan, have all let there squads age. They are not replacing the stars of now. I seem to be the only big club in Europe investing in youth. For example, Liverpool still depend on Torres and Gerrard even though both are entering there late 30s, Chelsea still play Frank Lampard a lot even though he is 37 and the core of the Real Madrid side is basically the same as it was before they signed Kaka and Ronaldo. (I know Ronaldo hasn't technically sign yet). Has anyone else noticed any problems like this or have the same concern that there is lack of young talented players in Europe?

Archived