This is just unrealistic!

My team was an overwhelming favorite going into this game. We had more possession and dominated shots 29-9. No goals scored. Surprise surprise the AI got two flukes and won 2-0. Should have been 2-0 the other way! Completely ridiculous and unrealistic SI!

Wait . . . that was real life?

Silly me. Go USA. :D

And maybe you should re-read these threads because what they actually say is that in game it happens "TOO OFTEN".

Yeah I undertand that it happens far too often in the game but people moan and whine so much on here about it happening that you'd think it never happens IRL.

Maybe it happens often IRL as well....??? It's just that you notce them more in your game because you're actually there...

In other words it probably happens a lot IRL but you don't hear about it...

I.e. Limivady just beat Coleraine 2-0 in the Irish League... How many shots did Coleraine have???

You don't know? Really???

EXACLTY!

Maybe it happens often IRL as well....??? It's just that you notice them more in your game

Precisely. People like to claim that it doesn't happen that often irl, but I reckon it's more noticeable in game because you're playing 10 matche sin one sitting. I would hazard a guess that it happens fairly often irl, you just don't remember because there's usually a week between games.

And maybe you should re-read these threads because what they actually say is that in game it happens "TOO OFTEN".

totally agree mate. ive lost count of the times ive completely dominated a game only to loose 1-0 after racking up 20+ shots on goal to their meagre amount.

i appreciate it does happen IRL but not half as much as it happens in FM. it definately needs addressing before the next version.

Precisely. People like to claim that it doesn't happen that often irl, but I reckon it's more noticeable in game because you're playing 10 matche sin one sitting. I would hazard a guess that it happens fairly often irl, you just don't remember because there's usually a week between games.

Well put...

Most LLM earn there salt getting 1-0 wins against better opposition... the most successful LLM are the ones who get beat least...

Well put...

Most LLM earn there salt getting 1-0 wins against better opposition... the most successful LLM are the ones who get beat least...

fair point. but the game isnt perfect and still needs improving in alot of areas. and i feel this is one area its lacking. i watch alot of football on TV and im a season ticket holder and i can justifiable say that it happens more often in this game than it does IRL. its frustrating to say the least.

go on, somebody say it, "its your tactics". ive played 442,343,532, one in the hole, sweeper,etc. you name it and ive played it. many many times and with many many different teams. it still happens.

fair point. but the game isnt perfect and still needs improving in alot of areas. and i feel this is one area its lacking. i watch alot of football on TV and im a season ticket holder and i can justifiable say that it happens more often in this game than it does IRL. its frustrating to say the least.

go on, somebody say it, "its your tactics". ive played 442,343,532, one in the hole, sweeper,etc. you name it and ive played it. many many times and with many many different teams. it still happens.

Until you provide some figures to back up your claim you can't say that.

But that said you also have to consider that in RL managers are more likely to make small alterations to their tactics and players compared to the average FM user during a match which means these types of results are less likely to occur in RL when compared to FM.

It is frustrating when it happens but there are reasons, I mean if you ahve alot of players on longshots often or mixed and the other team play deep marking out your strikers then your team will shot from long range and end up with 15 plus shots from 30 yards.

Also people saying it doesnt happen as much in real life you dont know that, I mean you might watch match of the day highlights or even goals on sunday to see the goals from all the leagues. The thing is you dont know how many shots Torquay had compared to who they played. No one watches every match in all the leagues in England let alone the world.

Like I said its frustrating and I can understand people getting annoyed as I have been annoyed myself, it is not however an issue that needs resolving in my opinion.

Great OP.

well i guess everybody is entitled to their own opinions and having a forum to express them is a good thing. but the last thing i will say is on the topic is that this game isnt perfect and as much as it has its defenders it is still a long long way off from reflecting reality. i think even the game creators would agree with me on that one.

i think maybe an official in depth poll/questionaire should be opened by SI on these forums asking FM players where they feel the game could be improved and which aspects they are disappointed/happy with.

It's your tactics.

It's your tactics.

Yup. Changing the formation isn't the same as changing your tactical instructions to get the best out of a formation...

If Del Bosque was a player of FM and this result was against the AI, I'd point him to how the AI was exploiting the space left behind his advancing RB and how overly dependant his team had become on the RB to provide width for the entire team. (A problem redressed fairly early but still too late by Del Bosque). His AML wasn't receiving anything like enough of the ball when the more attacking opposition winger was on that side of the pitch, and his defensive line was way too deep to accommodate an older and slower CB. Perhaps he could consider playing a true DMC in the holding role, one with mobility who can partner that deep-lying playmaker who was getting neutralised by the opposition FCd. In the match itself when chasing the game, rather than trying to open space for the RB to cross the ball when forward by instructing the aerially decent FCa to take position in the channel, why not consider pushing the FCd into that position instead so the FCa could take advantage of the balls which would come over. Better still, how about putting on a beanpole to get on the end of those crosses if you really want to play that way - that FCd is pushed forward enough already so you're not losing his ability to find space in front of the defence? How about changing the approach and addressing the problems plaguing the team in the middle of the pitch instead - perhaps rein in the RB and instead have a DC stepping up into midfield more frequently, which will create the necessary room for your midfielders to start playing their way round the opposition midfield?

Del Bosque saw the problems he had but by the time he had made the significant changes, the damage had been done and Spain were having to chase the game against a team set-up to counterattack. I wonder whether he'll realise the inherent tactical weakness of his initial set-up has now been spotted by opposing sides. He's a top notch manager, so I'm guessing he will do. ;)

Until you provide some figures to back up your claim you can't say that.

But that said you also have to consider that in RL managers are more likely to make small alterations to their tactics and players compared to the average FM user during a match which means these types of results are less likely to occur in RL when compared to FM.

Perhaps you'd like to do that in-depth research to prove something that's obvious?

No?

Well if SI pay me even minimum wage then I'll do that kind of research. Personally I don't think it needs research because it's blindingly obvious.

Another obvious problem is the number of goals scored within the 1st minute. Too many times are goals scored in the 1st minute (both for and against).

I'm afraid this game will never get better whilst there are so many boot lickers in these forums. :(

Be critical and the game will become better (as long as you don't go overboard). :D

Perhaps you'd like to do that in-depth research to prove something that's obvious?

No?

Well if SI pay me even minimum wage then I'll do that kind of research. Personally I don't think it needs research because it's blindingly obvious.

Another obvious problem is the number of goals scored within the 1st minute. Too many times are goals scored in the 1st minute (both for and against).

I'm afraid this game will never get better whilst there are so many boot lickers in these forums. :(

Be critical and the game will become better (as long as you don't go overboard). :D

ha ha ha! nice post mate. i totally agree.:thup:

No?

The point is though its not blindingly obvious.

Part of the problem is playing a large number of games in one session. The more games you play the more chance there is that this type of result will occur and as it gets brought up regularly on the forums it is one of the major "things" you remember from your session.

Managers in real life are also more proactive in recognising the potential for it to occur during a match and making adjustments to limit the chances of it happening.

I have no intention of wasting my time doing hours of research when I am personally happy with the balance of my games although if I get time over the weekend I may post the stats from one of my saves.

Your second part of goals scored in the first minute is even more extreme, I don't think I have ever seen this being brought up as a complaint on the forum and certainly haven't noticed anything myself. Again if I get time I'll post up stats from one of my saves though over the weekend.

Archived