is there any good alternatives to hamachi?

yeah ive tried following their 'guide' to networking gaming but it involves a hell of alot of messing about with firewalls,etc. if your not that great with a PC like me then your pretty much screwed. whereas with hamachi its just click and go.

i think in future versions of the game SI need to make network gaming more easily accessable and a lot more user friendly, because without hamachi it is a total and utter ball ache.

numerous times ive seen people asking for help/information via this site reguarding network play only for it to be met with a virtual wall of silence. the manual is no help either with its couple of vague paragraphs.

IMO network play is a fantastic way of playing FM and once youve tried it its very difficult to go back to playing alone. all i want to know is why is it not promoted more by SI and treated as a bit of an after thought?

Ive also had many a problem with networking. And i dont like messing about with Firewalls , and my mates arnt really motivated to try hamachi. So id also like to see SI promote networing a bit more , as eventhough i havnt tried it , im sure its great!

Ive also had many a problem with networking. And i dont like messing about with Firewalls , and my mates arnt really motivated to try hamachi. So id also like to see SI promote networing a bit more , as eventhough i havnt tried it , im sure its great!

hamachi is good, when its working properly. your mates should try it. its free to download. i would be happy to talk you through it if you want. just PM me.

my point though isnt about a third party networking engine, its about the fact that SI seem to neglect a crucial and fantastic aspect of the game. absolutely ridiculous in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived