Stop on certain date without going on Holiday?

Is there a way to stop on a certain date without going on Holiday?

Actually, I just want to "continue" one day at a time so that I can adjust the training schedules for each successive day. I don't want to go on holiday, because then the computer will make some decisions that I want to make.

Hey there - "Continue Until" is not currently part of the feature set, much as I'd like it to be. However, I believe the game stops on dates you have set a "Reminder" for (using the Notes feature), so you might be able to approach it that way.

Regarding training, the most recent research I've seen in the T&TT forum indicates that the outcomes of training are calculated on a weekly basis, so I suspect you're better off adjusting training on a weekly basis rather than daily.

Personally, I review and adjust my training schedules no more than twice a month. (Though I do use "Rest for N days" to help players recover Condition between matches, when I have several fixtures in close succession.)

Thanks Amaroq, helpful reply. That reminder trick should work for me.

The reason I wanted to adjust the training daily, was that it seemed that players recovered quickly with light training than a day of rest. But that was only based on casual observation and a small sample size. I'll have to go read that training forum.

I'm doing dafuge's challenge. In Blue Square South and really struggling to keep players in match condition without a fitness coach.

Actually Amaroq, one guy did the experiments in the tactics/training forum (forget which thread) and concluded that, counter-intuitively, resting a player does NOT help restore condition; indeed it has no benefit at all (except maybe reducing the chance of injury). Therefore, jmknpk.s habit of dropping training to light is probably the better option. In fact, I'd only reduce the str/aer schedules.

Based on what Amaroq said, some reading in the Training and Tactics Forum and my subsequent experiments, training changes only take effect on a weekly basis. So I can't really reduce training on a day by day basis to gradually build up before the game.

But I also have decided that resting players is not the way to go. phnompenhandy's reply supports my earlier observations. Plus I was reading in the tactics about how several people only rest players only 5 days a season.

So, I have resorted to using a large squad rotation. Instead of a first team with 11 starters and 5 subs, I have a first team of 11 starters, 5 subs, and 10 players (11 - goaltender) not in this game, but resting up for the next game. So far I'm able to keep a relatively fresh squad of starters for the games. But I'm only three games into the season. We'll see how it goes.

Archived