Who is your oldest ever player

After winning all I could at Newcastle I once took over a recently-relegated Portsmouth simply for the challenge. Can't remember the year but Joe Cole was 35 and did ok for me in the Championship. Also signed a bunch of others like Lescott, all over 32, and by Xmas I was top of the league - I even renamed the save "Dad's Army". Never finished the season as I got a bit bored - maybe I'll take it back over soon.

BTW, Frank Lampard was my Ass Man and Stevie G was first team coach.

My current oldest player is Aiden McGeady at 35. He's racked up 500 appearances for my Celtic team now and it's really satisfying to see his 'Career History' page with a big list saying Celtic every season...

I also signed Luca Toni when he was getting on a bit. I was hoping he could do a job for me for 1 maybe 2 seasons but it didn't work out very well...

Gerson - A 40 year-old Brazilian DM I picked up while playing in the Hong Kong league. He stayed for two years as both my captain and my most consistant performer. I think he kept going so long primarily because his physical was high:

Natural Fitness 18

Stamina 20

Pace 14

I tried repeatedly to get him on a new a 3-year deal (until he was 45). But he wanted to retire :(

36, mostly think of replacing them around 31 mark depending on if theres someone I want to sign and form but he was a legend so stayed much longer, eventually let him go last summer and went to my rivals of all places but so far its early november and he's not played competitvely yet, suppose it serves him right. However my main goalie is 35 and partly because he's been a lifesaver so many times (especially in a recent CL run, and was MOM in a defeat a couple of games ago) and is still amazing, and partly due to the lack of good regen keepers it looks like he'll be around an extra couple of years at least.

My oldest player in my current save, off the top of my head, is 35 going on 36 and still playing for me as second choice goalie.

My oldest outfield player has been 33 I think.

Although It's worth mentioning I'm currently playing in Spanish Second Division B where the squad registration rules require a certain number to be under 23 (I think it's 23, anyway), so any "over age" players have to be worth it.

On FM07 there is a 52 years old winger at Mansfield.

Remember the name, playing FM07 now and cant see him...

In FM08 there was a CD called Sergio I think who started at 50. Signed him for my Spanish B3 side and he was first choice for nearly 10 minutes.

Remember the name, playing FM07 now and cant see him...

In FM08 there was a CD called Sergio I think who started at 50. Signed him for my Spanish B3 side and he was first choice for nearly 10 minutes.

I think it was Kevin Philliskirk. Not sure if the spelling is correct.

I have still got Akinfeev as my first choice GK on 09 at Forest, top of the prem and still current world GK of the year at 41!

Just signed a new 5 year contract as well.

Real lack of regen keepers of any quality on my save.

Oldest I've had on any FM, was Gary Neville on 07 at Stoke, still playing at 49 for me and for England (I was England manager too and he never retired before FM08 came out). I've got Sebastien Frey now at 40, not looking to retire this season, and Gerrard at 39 but he has already confirmed his retirement at the end of this season.

Not actually a player of mine but someone I played against - a 45 year old GK when I played Forest Green in the FA cup a few seasons ago. I was astounded! Mind you, that might be some of the reason we won 11-0 with a reserve squad :D

Jean Pierre-Papin always plays for ever on my FM - check him out! He is 45 when you start the game and in my current game his is still playing at 48!

Can't believe he is playing again :eek:

Isn't there a guy from the Cook Islands or somewhere like that in the game who is about 52?

I had a 37 year old goalkeeper called Lee Harper in the BSS who was only used for six months because he was rubbish despite my scouts giving him 6 stars on their report. I replaced him with a 21 year old keeper who turned out just as bad.

In the same season, I had a 37 year old centre back called Neil Cox who was only used as a substitute from time to time. He couldnt ever catch up with any strikers though.

On my MK Dons save in League 1 I signed Ivan Campo who was 35. Used him as a centre back and he got skinned everytime. Must be because he has like 2 pace. He wasnt any good a DM either.

Oh and on CM 03/04 Simon Davies still played for me at 40 years old.

Oldest I have had in FM09 is that Yankov fella in the original post, played nearly every game for me in AFC Telford's promotion from the BS North.

2nd in Prem with Leeds and have a 37 year old left winger called Radek Sirl

Morecambe had a 50 year old player in their team at the start of the game a few years back IIRC

Oldest I can see is 47 year old Kevin Poole, for Burton in the BS Prem

David James got up to 43 in my game, Pompey in the Championship

Beckham he is 37, I am Newcastle and top team in England (not quite Europe yet) and he is still going strong. Doesnt want the captaincy but scores and assists nearly every game he plays. Only plays once every 2 or 3 games though because his condition aint always top notch no more ^^

Buffon at 41. I took over the Italy job and brought him back into the squad seeing as he was part of the best defence in Serie A. Made him captain also. My first game? He scored the winner from his own penalty area!

Archived