Notebook feature - Anyone use this ?

I've used it to remind me to buy a player who is on a long-term injury - when they can't come to the club because they fail a fitness test or whatever. On the 9.0.1 patch I used to keep an eye on Ronaldo (Brazilian, out of contract, a little tubby) and see if he'd sign. Decent backup player for mid-table prem teams.

I've used it to remind me to buy a player who is on a long-term injury - when they can't come to the club because they fail a fitness test or whatever. On the 9.0.1 patch I used to keep an eye on Ronaldo (Brazilian, out of contract, a little tubby) and see if he'd sign. Decent backup player for mid-table prem teams.

Wouldnt the shortlist do the same thing? It would inform you of interest, bids, news about the player erc.

I've never used the notepad, i see it as pretty pointless as i'd probably even forget that i had written in it. Years ago i used to scrawl on an actual notepad, names etc.

Wouldnt the shortlist do the same thing? It would inform you of interest, bids, news about the player erc.

I've never used the notepad, i see it as pretty pointless as i'd probably even forget that i had written in it. Years ago i used to scrawl on an actual notepad, names etc.

shortlisting him wouldn't do what you wanted, with the notebook you'd have a reminder set for the day around when he will be fit again (or when he has a month left of his injury so he can pass a medical)

I thought I was going to make use of it when it first came out, but haven't really. Bought a real notepad in my local post office last week specifically for FM use, and it's already had more scribbles in it than the FM Notepad feature would probably get in 10 years.

A very useful feature as it enables you to jot down useful reminders. For example, how a player reacts when you make a comment on his form e.g.

Form

77777 and responded well to pleased

Much quicker to see than jotted down on paper somewehere and this way it won't get lost!

When a player is stuck in the "will sign a new contract" bug (i.e. refusing to sign for another club after a bid has been accepted for them because they've agreed to a future contract at their current club), I set a reminder for the date they sign the new contract.

I just use a real notepad. This feature in FM always seems a bit covert, much better having a pad at the side of you where you can easily scribble down notes.
Glad to see there's another pen-and-paper man out there, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Add me to that list aswell, easier to just have the pen and notepad by the computer.

My missus used to go mad at me for leaving my scribbles lying around with "prototype" tactics and squad lineups.

And I used to go mad at her for throwing them in the bin!

I end up with a pad full of strange writting from tactics, players contracts running out, who to sign at end of season, promising regen names but then I end up writing things like not offside, pass the f'ing ball and al sorts of other stuff. Have to remember to put the pen down at times lol.

I've moved into the 21st century and now use word or excel to take notes :D

I did that once, but then all I did was switch between windows and hand write all the stuff anyway so I only had to switch the once, so it actually became more work.

I end up with a pad full of strange writting from tactics, players contracts running out, who to sign at end of season, promising regen names but then I end up writing things like not offside, pass the f'ing ball and al sorts of other stuff. Have to remember to put the pen down at times lol.

I can't count how many times I've written "Howard Webb is a wan. . ." lol

Really? Mine is Uriah Rennie! Bain of my FM life!

for me it is definitiely Howard Webb, if theres a last minute penalty against me or a first minute red card or three disallowed goals its always Mr Webb!

• 1 month later...

I use the notepad to write a small review of my season it would look something like this

2008 - 2009 season

Finished 1st

FA Cup - 5th Round

League Cup - 4th Round

Then just a quick review of the season................

Probably a bit sad, but its good to look back at your history in detail....

Archived