Pre match odds

I just did a quick search on here and couldn't find anything about what i wanted to say but i apologise if this has already been brought up. The team i'm currently managing are 5000-1 to win the league we're in however after 4 games we've won all of them and like 3rd in the table out off 16.

I know its early days, but we're obviously better than our starting odds suggested (i'm guessing thats down to the clubs reputation). However even tho we are on this run the pre match odds before each match are heavily against us.

I'm not complaining I just wanted to know whether these odds are based on the teams performance in the last couple of games or their reputation in comparision to the opposition. Also I can't remember, does team reputation increase during the season due to results?

Form also plays into the odds but reputation is more heavily weighted (if you go through your next few matches in your fixtures list you will see that a certain number have the odds already set, I think it's 5 but I can't check as I just finished a season).

Reputation increases by beating higher rep teams during the season but not by huge amounts, and relative to the difference in rep. As a general example I was promoted from League 2 in my first season as Fisher (media prediction bottom) and my rep increased by roughly 120 points based on beating other teams of a higher rep, and then by roughly 500 points when I had officially been promoted.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by hiru:

How to read this pre-match odds:

Home: Evens(Fav)

Draw: 9-4

Away: 9-4

I dont know what "Evens" means?

It means home are odds on favourites for the match, they are expected to win so there is no point in putting a bet on because you'll only win back what you put on.

Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hiru:

How to read this pre-match odds:

Home: Evens(Fav)

Draw: 9-4

Away: 9-4

I dont know what "Evens" means?

It means home are odds on favourites for the match, they are expected to win so there is no point in putting a bet on because you'll only win back what you put on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You get your stake back too so you actually double your money if you win.

Originally posted by JRHaggs:

My understanding is that the reputation/odds are recalculated at the beginning and midpoint of the season. You should notice that, sometime in January, your pre-match odds start to better reflect the season's goings on.

Not a major issue, but this is one aspect of FM that is annoying. This should be updated at least every month, if not every game, although I'd rather have it scrapped altogether (the match-by-match odds). Either that or give me an option to scrap it for my game. Just not done well.

Archived