This game CHEATS! TRUE!

What is my proof?

Won 5 in a row in Regional Division in Germany with my team. I'm playing away now with worst team in league. What is my problem. No, it's not that I lost (it's true though), but the problem is that ALL of my players are ineligable for this match!!!! HOW COME??? This is a horrendous cheat and I want SI now to correct my save and I want to play normal game like every game I've played!

What is my proof?

Won 5 in a row in Regional Division in Germany with my team. I'm playing away now with worst team in league. What is my problem. No, it's not that I lost (it's true though), but the problem is that ALL of my players are ineligable for this match!!!! HOW COME??? This is a horrendous cheat and I want SI now to correct my save and I want to play normal game like every game I've played!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by endtime:

isn't this the bug where the game randomly unregisters your players? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Might be the one! And I've got the newest patch icon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gif

Have you played on to see if theyre registered for the next game?

Mildly worrying this as it would appear germany could be unplayable as well as spain now. Yip and yay. 8.02 can't come soon enough icon_frown.gif

Please, for FM09, just finish this game. Save the new features for Fm10, just please make 09 work as 08 is starting to irritate.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Mildly worrying this as it would appear germany could be unplayable as well as spain now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

I was hoping to finally try the German leagues, too.

I wonder just how many of the people who complain so vociferously about the game, actually did pay it?

I am guessing, very few. A dodgy image off the Bay and twenty five minutes messing around with YASU and Demon Tools and they come on and whinge blue murder.

icon13.gif

Oh and of course the game calculates the vast number of results according to pre-determined stats.

Do you really think an Amiga 500+ could have calculated all the results in the Prem League, let alone Europe on 1mb of RAM?

Get real!

AS has been explained a thousand times; detail level affects results. It isn't a conspiracy if its _working as designed_

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gubbs:

I wonder just how many of the people who complain so vociferously about the game, actually did pay it?

I am guessing, very few. A dodgy image off the Bay and twenty five minutes messing around with YASU and Demon Tools and they come on and whinge blue murder.

icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So people who 'get' the game for free are more likely to complain than those who paid good money for it?

I don't think so icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gubbs:

You would be amazed mate ..

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Almost as amazed as we'd be by people knowing what Daemon Tools and Yasu are? (Google is the fourth best thing ever invented).

I always find myself amazed at how much detailed knowledge the anti-piracy brigade have.

VB

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Last month’s sales numbers are in, and they spell bad news for PC gamers. The system destroyer Crysis, which was released Nov. 13, only sold 86,633 units. Needless to say, this is surprising for such a critically acclaimed game. Even worse, Unreal Tournament 3, which was released Nov. 19, only sold 33,995 units. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Compare that to 500, 000 or so units of Halo2 on the Xbox so far.

I think it's unfair to compare PC sales and console sales. The PC games market is far bigger in terms of choice.

I would bet if you compared ALL games sales for PC with ALL games sales with consoles, there would be a surprising amount of parity.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heathxxx:

I also wonder how many of those 500,000 units of Halo 2 were actually copies of the game bundled WITH the XBOX360 icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Accctually I stole that statistic from a google search without really paying attention: Thats the total number of units Halo 2 sold ON THE DAY OF RELEASE.

icon_eek.gif

You would be amazed mate ..

In my opinion (through observation on this and other forums) its more often than not the bitching kiddies that are playing rips .. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it made more sense that people who pay for the game are complaining because they spent their money on it, but on the other hand it is possible too that respectable people who are honest and caring and therefore buy their games would be too kind to come raging on here...

But I'd still like to know whether piracy is the reason or the consequence. Are people getting more selfish and dishonest? Or are they protesting against nowadays minimum effort with maximum profits-attitude of game publishers? I can myself say that I belong to the latter group, I don't confess anything here (icon_biggrin.gif) but there aren't too much games which I would be happy to pay for. I don't play that much nowadays anyway, but if there really is something I see worthy I'll buy it (= it actually gives me something special). Too many games are rushed and brought up unfinished just to milk the money from the consumers. You can think that everything is worth something, that developers should earn their wages as they have used their time etc. to make a game. But I don't either expect anybody to pay me as I go to toilet and produce my own stuff, although I have put some effort and time to it.

I've never actually found out why do console games cost that much, but my own conclusion has been that publishers are only being lame and charging more from those as they are harder to copy illegally. Then they can use the excuse of piracy so they can minimize their own expenses by making mediocre games for mediocre mass gamers. But the only way to cure this is to make buying computer games worthwhile. I don't know how this could be done but if the quality is like FM08s I really don't wonder that people don't use their money for a 30 minutes to couple of days' "enjoyment" which ends as the DVD flies to the bin or out the window.

I played with a Spanish team pre-patch and had the bug where all your players would get un-registered.

I'm now currently playing a new game with the new patch as Lubeck in Germany. I played my first season in Regional Division North and I am currently in April of my second season in the 2nd Division.

So far I have not experienced the bug affecting Spain while playing in the German league. There was one match that my reserve GK was ineligible for a game just after the second registration window but he was ok after that.

I'm not saying that just because it hasn't happened to me, its not a problem. But at the same time, just because one or more people experience it, doesn't mean that "Germany is unplayable" either.

Put a bug report in the bug forum and see what happens.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Last month’s sales numbers are in, and they spell bad news for PC gamers. The system destroyer Crysis, which was released Nov. 13, only sold 86,633 units. Needless to say, this is surprising for such a critically acclaimed game. Even worse, Unreal Tournament 3, which was released Nov. 19, only sold 33,995 units. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Compare that to 500, 000 or so units of Halo2 on the Xbox so far. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Compare the amount of advertising that went into Halo 2 to the same for UT3 & Crysis (UT3 is awesome btw) and you'll soon see a huge reason for low sales on the 2 PC games. Besides, Halo 2 is crap compared to Crysis, UT3 & FM.

This is why SI are making FM live now. Online games are the way to go to stop piracy. Thats why no one pirates games on consoles any more. Everyone used mod chips for Xbox and Ps2 to play pirated games but now with the 360 and PS3 you would only do that if you will never connect your console online which is a waste since there are not many good off line games left.

Only good offline game for PC or console is FM07. FM08 has to many bugs to be considered a good game.

Well, by the posts here of some of you I feel offended. I play original game every since CM3, haven't used DT not any other sh**. I found out that I could register players just before the game - it was just random unregistering, but was able to do it though. I haven't posted it in the bugs forum, because I didn't have an ability to post a save to FTP. I just thought that playing new German division will bring me fun, not the stress and fury. Cheers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DS:

This is why SI are making FM live now. Online games are the way to go to stop piracy. Thats why no one pirates games on consoles any more. Everyone used mod chips for Xbox and Ps2 to play pirated games but now with the 360 and PS3 you would only do that if you will never connect your console online which is a waste since there are not many good off line games left.

Only good offline game for PC or console is FM07. FM08 has to many bugs to be considered a good game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Online gaming may be the way of the future, but without me. I will never pay money for a game and then be forced to pay again to play it online.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DS:

Only good offline game for PC or console is FM07. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I think we have a winner for "most ill-informed opinion posted in 2007".

There are masses of brilliant SP games on the PC.

For the people quoting Halo sales. 1) It's Halo3 not 2. And the amount of people with Gaming Quality PCs (£2k+) verses a 360 (£200) is naturally a chasm of enormous proportions.

And Crysis is terrible compared to COD4, both graphically and gameplay-wise. Utterly over-hyped.

Only good offline game for PC or console is FM07. FM08 has to many bugs to be considered a good game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are mistaken if you think that console games aren't pirated anymore. When reading MaxConsole, I see alot about people beiong banned for playing copied games.

• 1 month later...

This same thing is happening to me with patch 8.0.2. I'm in the Turkish second division and after I register all my players before September 1st 2008, all my players get ineligible after this date. Apparently this issue hasn't been fixed. Anyone having the same problem/posted it in the bugs forum?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VonBlade:

And the amount of people with Gaming Quality PCs (£2k+) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

woah. woah.

A new gaming computer

Mobo:

P35C-DS3R -> £72 scan

P35C-DS3 -> £65 scan

Processor:

E8400 -> £130 scan

Q9450 -> £218 scan

RAM:

OZC Plantium 4GB 800MHz DDR2 CL4 -> £70 ebuyer

Graphics card:

8800GT 512-> £153 ebuyer

8800GTS 512-> £187 scan

Hard Drive:

HD501LJ -> £60 ebuyer

Case:

Centurion 5 -> £35 scan

CM-690 -> £50 ebuyer

PSU:

OCZ StealthXStream 600W -> £50

Basic Build: £509

High-end Build: £707

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ched:

Have you played on to see if theyre registered for the next game?

Mildly worrying this as it would appear germany could be unplayable as well as spain now. Yip and yay. 8.02 can't come soon enough icon_frown.gif

Please, for FM09, just finish this game. Save the new features for Fm10, just please make 09 work as 08 is starting to irritate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LoL - I asked this before fm07 but SI need to add new features to sell the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Thats a rather crazy statement don't you think

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by philly_flyer10:

I had this for the Russian league too, my whole team became unregistered for the 2nd half of the season. I was leading the league too.

I resigned and they all became registered for the new manager straight away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

were you payched? as i played a game in 8.0.1 patched to 8.0.2 in russia and it went by fine no unregistration of players?

Archived