End of An Era

Hi All,

My missus doesn't seem to care, so thought I'd post this in the 1 place I thought I'd get some sympathy.

Been playing a very long game on FM08 with Liverpool. I had the most incredible run of 201 league games without a loss. That came to an end this morning. I accidently hit the Go to Game when my back-up team was selected (due to just have played a cup game) so we went into St James Park against a decent Newcastle side with my youth and reserves. They played well, but, sadly we lost 2-1. I'm gutted, for the first time ever in FM08, I was tempting to re-load the game and play it again!

To put the run into perspective, the last time I lost to an English team was the FA Cup final against Chelsea 2-1 on 17/05/08, the game against Newcastle took place on the 2/11/2013. That's 5 1/2 years!! The last team to ever beat me was Real Madrid 2-1 on the 5/4/2011.

I made sure to play the next game quickly and promptly save the game to stop me starting again. Still, almost a tear!!

I think that you are within your rights to re-load the game.

It would be impossible for a manager in real life to make that mistake, therefore, you could argue that re-loading and playing a proper team is a true simulation.

i agree:thup:

Hi All,

My missus doesn't seem to care, so thought I'd post this in the 1 place I thought I'd get some sympathy.

Been playing a very long game on FM08 with Liverpool. I had the most incredible run of 201 league games without a loss.

I'm not saying I don't believe you but I am always a bit sceptical of people who make these threads saying things like they've been unbeaten for x amount of games and they've won the champions league x amount of years consecutively. Please post some screenshots because I suspect there's been some cheating\editing going on. Anyway I would just restart your game.

I'm not saying I don't believe you but I am always a bit sceptical of people who make these threads saying things like they've been unbeaten for x amount of games and they've won the champions league x amount of years consecutively. Please post some screenshots because I suspect there's been some cheating\editing going on. Anyway I would just restart your game.

i'm not sure if he posted screenies in an older thread, don't think it was cheating at all

It would be impossible for a manager in real life to make that mistake, therefore, you could argue that re-loading and playing a proper team is a true simulation.

This is what I was thinking. A real manager wouldn't watch a match kick off and then go:

"Hang on! I've named the wrong team!!!" :eek:

You should've quickly quit the match and reloaded, then the result would not have been known, and your conscience would have been clear :thup:

don't blame you mate for being sceptical, I probably would be too. I'll post a couple of screenies later today (if my work allows me too) the game is on my laptop so i have it with me.

too late to restart it mate, moved and saved it over the file, time to set a new record i think

its your tactics!

sorry wanted to do it for first time

partially right there mate, my first team play a possesion based 4-2-1-2-1, whilst my 2nd team play a much more attack focused 4-2-2-2, I have too many back-up strikers so need to play 2 when i can!

Newcastle just kept getting up on the counter in the first half and shot out to 2-nil up.

Totally agree.

"Oh dam, I forgot to change my cup side for the Champs League Final" - Sir Alex Ferguson

Archived