Ideas for future Football Manager releases

Hi all,

Just thought I would start somethin for suggestions to put to SI regarding content for any future releases in the Football Manager sieries.

To start, FM09 is fantastic. I don't think there is much doubt about it.

However, I do feel there is so much that could be added to the game to give it a much wider appeal and increase the amount of players.

My first idea is a Personal Life. Even though you can negotiate a new contract for yourself, there is no satisfaction in getting a good one. If there was something to do with the money you earn, it would provide players with a sense of achievement, especially if you make it to a good club that offers a good wage.

My second idea, though probably inpractical, is the idea of looking at things from a chairman perspective. The business end of football is now just as popular if not more so as what happens on the pitch, and I think some more emphasis on this would be a great inclusion. However, I do acknowledge this would be very difficult to intergrate into the game we know and love.

Another idea, though kind of following on from the chairman idea, is to have more of an influence on your stadium. In all of my time playing Football Manager, I have never had a new stadium built, no matter how much money or reputation I or the team have had. Something where your can choose to build a new stadium, or rebuild stands etc could give players more involvement in the game. Again though, this brings up the issue of Football 'Manager', not Football 'Chairman'.

Some ther things I have thought of are:

- More interaction with agents,

- An interactive service, so rather than receiving news and mail all the time, use mobile phones to do certain tasks etc,

-Have an influence on Sponsorship for your club.

I'm looking for other peoples opinions on all of these and I am looking forward to hearing other ideas that people think could be added.

Thanks

My first idea is a Personal Life. Even though you can negotiate a new contract for yourself, there is no satisfaction in getting a good one. If there was something to do with the money you earn, it would provide players with a sense of achievement, especially if you make it to a good club that offers a good wage.

It's an idea that has come up many times, and every time it has been dismissed by the majority of posters, usually citing that the game is about managing a football team, not buying houses, cars, etc.

My second idea, though probably inpractical, is the idea of looking at things from a chairman perspective. The business end of football is now just as popular if not more so as what happens on the pitch, and I think some more emphasis on this would be a great inclusion. However, I do acknowledge this would be very difficult to intergrate into the game we know and love.

Another idea, though kind of following on from the chairman idea, is to have more of an influence on your stadium. In all of my time playing Football Manager, I have never had a new stadium built, no matter how much money or reputation I or the team have had. Something where your can choose to build a new stadium, or rebuild stands etc could give players more involvement in the game. Again though, this brings up the issue of Football 'Manager', not Football 'Chairman'.

As you say yourself, it is a game simulating football management, not the day-to-day running of the whole club that the chairman takes care of/is involved in.

I have to say I totally disagree with just about everything you wrote - The last thing I want to see is cosmetic additions which have no real use. I don't care how much my wage is in the game and have no interest in buying fictional possessions with my fictional wage.

More stadium input where you can provide more detail in requests is something I would like to see - Perhaps being able to tell the chairman you will sacrafice transfer and wage funds in return for investment in the stadium or being able to ask about moving to a new stadium.

Your first idea is uselss, putting a feature into the game where you can have a personal life would take a great deal of work and it would be really boring. Why do people care how much they earn? I saw suggested in another thread a while back that you should just get the sims and give yourself as much money as you make in fm...there's your personal life.

Hate to rubbish you so soon after joining the forums (according to your post count), but these are all features that have been discussed many times. From what I have read the vast majority of FMers really don't want these, with the possible exception of the stadium thing. However, since you can already request an expansion I think that's about as far as you can go.

Real managers do not have any say over stadium size, so I don't see why you should have much say in the game.

The chairman thing would be a different game entirely - a kind of footballing equivilent of Doom.

Spending your money is pretty cosmetic, and frankly there are enough distractions in the game as it is (press conferences, intricate training to avoid injury problem, constant tactic tweaks, morale issues...). It would be a nice gimmick at first, but after a while it would get really tedious.

Don't be put off making suggestions in the future, though - there's a dedicated thread for these which SI review regularly. No doubt some helpful soul will post the link shortly, but you might find it yourself using the search facility (the ADVANCED search facility that is; the standard one is pretty random).

Welcome aboard.

I think maybe a FC game - Football Chariman, that ties in to FM, so you can choose to be a chariman and you have to hire the right manager, maintain a good relationship with him as well as taking care of the finances of the club, sponsorship etc.

That way you can choose, FM or FC.....I would like it!

Hi all,

Just thought I would start somethin for suggestions to put to SI regarding content for any future releases in the Football Manager sieries.

Try searching for the future ideas thread. That would be the best place to post your thoughts.

Like this?:p

Not something I'd like, Id get the sense of achievement from making it onto the clubs icons/legends list, not how much bank balance ive got.

It wouldn't be realistic as managers irl dont have much to do with the business side of the football club, even us getting to negotiate the financial side of transfers and contracts in the game at the moment is a bit unrealistic.

Spot on

Some ther things I have thought of are:

- More interaction with agents,

- An interactive service, so rather than receiving news and mail all the time, use mobile phones to do certain tasks etc,

-Have an influence on Sponsorship for your club.

-Yes I would also like more interaction with agents, not sure how much more we can have though, maybe like they can approach you when their player wants a new contract, or if the player wants to move to/from you, I'm not sure how much managers interact with agents irl though tbh, I wouldn't of thought its much.

-No it will all look the same anyway

-I'm not sure because at the moment in the game clubs dont get named sponsors they just get the sum of money, so adding to you idea it might be nice to have names for the sponsors though it doesnt really add much to the game, but it would be nice.

Hi all.

Your comments are all much appreciated.

I can see what you mean by my suggestions not really adding anything to the game, and I suppose they are pretty unrealistic. They were just personal ideas that I personally would like to see in the game, but not eveyone will agree that they would like to see them implemented.

At the end of the day, SI rarely let us down with new versions of FM and I'm sure any future releases willl contain great additions to the game.

We all have our own ideas as to what we would like to see in the game and that is the main reason I made the thread.

Thanks all.

I think maybe a FC game - Football Chariman, that ties in to FM, so you can choose to be a chariman and you have to hire the right manager, maintain a good relationship with him as well as taking care of the finances of the club, sponsorship etc.

That way you can choose, FM or FC.....I would like it!

This would probably be a more reasonable idea rather than incorporating the ideas into FM. Sounds good.

I have to say I totally disagree with just about everything you wrote - The last thing I want to see is cosmetic additions which have no real use. I don't care how much my wage is in the game and have no interest in buying fictional possessions with my fictional wage.

More stadium input where you can provide more detail in requests is something I would like to see - Perhaps being able to tell the chairman you will sacrafice transfer and wage funds in return for investment in the stadium or being able to ask about moving to a new stadium.

Thats fair enough, I can see what u mean.

The idea of requesting adjustments to the stadium by sacrificing transfer and wage funds is definately an idea that could catch-on though.

Archived