Faroe Islands Manager

I was wondering if anyone has had any success with the Faroe Islands international team? I am in my first year of playing and have now resorted to a 4-3(DM C)-2(CM)-1(AM C) configured from a 5-3-2 Defensive tactics it got me my very first goal in a 2-1 defeat against Serbia (after switching to a 4-3-1-2-1 at the 70th minute). I tried the 4-4-2 right of the bat, and got my ass handled by Serbia 11-0. Any help will be heard and respected

I have just started another save with the intention of moving up the levels as an International Manager.

I am now the proud new manager of The Cook Islands... (206th in the world at the start of the game) :D

I gave myself a history as a Sunday League player... I can't even sign a physio for the national team! Not sure I'll have any luck on coaches, either, but then not sure what effect that has when you're an International Manager?

Have only played 3 games thus far; a 3-1 opening victory over (slightly higher-ranked) neighbours American Samoa; a 1-3 loss to Cape Verde (88th in the world), after taking a 1-0 lead in the opening 5 minutes... and a 0-2 defeat against Andorra.... in which we were terrible, possibly because I suggested that we could win it :(

Andorra are only about 12ish places higher than what the Cook Islands were when we started off, but have much better players, probably because there's some researching done, and even though I fully expect Cook Islands players to be pants, they are really pants :D

I'm playing with a 4-1-2-3 (1 striker 2 wingers), which seems ok but I think I'm going to need a really defensive tactic to complement it as well.

This is going to be a long, and sometimes very dull save as long as I'm with the Cook Islands, as needless to say they were out of the World Cup quallies at the start of the game.... so just going to play some more friendlies and holiday in-between matches, and hope for some regens, and also hope that SI put the Oceania Nations Cup in the game :D

I'm tempted to stick around for qualifying for the 2014 World Cup, although I might well have died of boredom by then and hopefully can get another International Management job elsewhere as a result of raising Cook Islands up the rankings some.

Anyway, good luck with the Faroes! Keep fighting the brave fight!

I'll be arranging a friendly with them in the not-too-distant future - will let you know how I get on. Perhaps you can arrange a return friendly in your game with the Cook Islands? (you WILL batter them!)

playing as a small nation can be fun and terrible!! Tend to play a 4-2-3-1 counter attacking formation with my players all dropping back more into a 1-4-3-2 when the opposition are dominating possesion and sometimes a 4-2-1-2-1 against a similar level team. it tends to hold them off a bit as they struggle to get a clean shot. I recomend not giving any player a 'free-role' so to speak, have them play by the K.I.S.S strategy (Keep It Simple Stupid). You may get lucky and find a decent regen or 2 show up. Do a staff search and see if any Faroe Islanders are staff on a team, then check their youth each time they are generated.

Best of luck mate.

will do mate, I'm at work at the moment, so won't get a chance until tonight.

1 thing to remember with managing a small nation, generally they don't have any expectations so chances are you will never get fired so experiment a bit, don't be afraid to play players out of position to get your perfect XI.

Archived