players you have sold and bought back

anyone got any interesting ones which worked out good or bad?

I always put buy back clauses in for young players who could do alrite but never end up taking the option

I sold Kaka to Chelsea for 90mil plus Robben on fm06 and then bought him back a year and a half later for 52mil while Robben was world player of the year and Kaka made me awesome team even better

It's happened to me a few times on my current save. Had promising regens fail to achieve their potential and so I've shipped them off, only for them to become the great players they should have.

In particular my current RB. He wasn't too great aged 21/22, and couldn't be a game, so I shipped him off for around 3mil. About 5 years later, after he'd moved from Everton to Espanyol and become a world beater, I bought him back for 25mil, once my then RB was getting on a bit.

However, had a few flops with buying back players so it's not always such a great idea. Numerous players I signed young and never cut it for me are now world-class and beyond my spending, even if I needed them.

Started putting buy-back clauses on players now, low ones, but selling players cheaply too. Can be a mistake, or can pay off.

Sold a regen striker to west brom for 6mill with 6mill buy back, wasnt scoring as well as he could for me. Bough him back a few seasons later after him being one of the top scorers in the league, turned out to be crap again for me!

Ryan Bertrand at Chelski. Sold him, but bought him back as a backup player and he ended up ousting my original first choice. Bit wierd, since his attributes across the board were worse than the other guy. I was also managing England at the time, so he became second choice left back at international level too (1st choice was a regen).

And Van Der Vaart at Newcastle - lost him on a free after he'd been my best player for three season - Valencia took him, played him three times and then flogged him to Villa... who played him 6 or 7 times and got transfer listed. Got him back for £1million aged 32, but he never really performed for me again, so he went on a free, although this time it's cos I booted him out.

PLaying as Middlesbrough had to sell Downing and Huth after getting relegated (I took chrage when they were already doomed but still somehow nearly got sacked for getting relegated??) they both went to Man City. Won the championship the following year and bought the pair back and spent less than half that they had bought them for!

In my Gateshead save I often sell regens too early. I have an eye for up and coming strikers so i bring a lot in. I bought a guy for £6m who later went to Zaragoza for £21m and is now worth £36m and is one of the best players in the world.

Another I signed on a free, sold to Liverpool for £9m and within a season he had won world player of the year and was worth, strangely, £36m.

Others include a striker bought for £400k and sold for £14m and a striker bought for £3m who went for £17m.

I have since left but always keep an eye out for ex players of mine for my new club - Burton Albion.

Making money in this game is very easy.

I had Morgan Schneiderlin for Hull, signed for 1.5m, sold a year later for 11.5m because he was unhappy, resigned him again year and a half later for 19m, still my best performer he was, gave him captaincy so he wouldnt head off again

i will sometimes sell young players that i cant fit into my squad. i keep the initial fee low, which means i can buy them back for cheap, and i load up on appearance fee, goal fees etc.

If you are thinking you may want the player back you need to consider, their playing time - it is prob best only letting them go to a smaller club where there chances of playing will be greater.

Not the same thing now but I have to feel sorry Bafetimbi Gomis. I bought him for my City team from St. Etienne gave him a chance but he never really impressed and was pushed aside as I had Ched Evans scoring for fun and then Vagner Love, Mario Gomez, Kevin Doyle, Robinho and then when Robinho left Karim Benzema so he rarely got playing time.

So I let him go and off he went to Villa, in the mean time I got fired from City and where do I end up? You guessed it Aston Villa :D. Now he is currently sitting on the bench behind again Ched Evans :D, Demba Ba and then a couple of youth regens I give a chance to whenever I can.

The chap must hate me.

:D Poor Gomis

I've signed players who the club have sold before I got there (Warnock, Barragan, Mark Gonzalez, Luis Garcia and Owen as Liverpool)

My games never last long enough before i get screwed over before I have the chance to re-sign

Archived