Why in the MLS

Why in the MLS do some teams play each other 2 times and some other teams 3 time? I need somebody to help me out hear please. I have picked up everything else in the MLS and enjoy it this is the only thing that i dont understand :thup:

The extra games are intra-conference games that generally allocated to regional rivalry games or between conference rivals. There is a 30 game schedule but home and away only accounts for 26 matches per team so there are 4 games left over (since Sounders FC is not in FM09). Can't tell you why they just didn't go with a 26 game season.

Now with Sounders FC in the league there are 28 matches so only two extras per team. When Philadelphia joins next year they will be able to play a true home and away 30 game scehdule.

Of course, the Sounders are in the game in name only; I don't think you can schedule them for friendlies or play them in the MLS. Hopefully next year the Union will actually be coded into the game, but it's hard to say for sure (the previous MLS season is ending around the time FM comes out, so there won't be a complete roster when the game's released).

Of course, the Sounders are in the game in name only; I don't think you can schedule them for friendlies or play them in the MLS. Hopefully next year the Union will actually be coded into the game, but it's hard to say for sure (the previous MLS season is ending around the time FM comes out, so there won't be a complete roster when the game's released).

Yeah, never played as an MLS side before so I don't really know how it plays in FM. I'm guessing the Sounders in 09 are the former USL side which is an unplayable league.

I bet you're right that the Union won't be in the game next year just like Sounders this year. They won't have anything approaching a complete roster when the game comes out. I'm looking forward to Sounders being in the game next year so I can finally play as my home town team and try out the MLS for once.

Teams in the same conference in MLS play against his each more often against the other conference. That way you don't have to travel coast-to-coast so much.

I don't expect the Vancouver Whitecaps and the Portland Timbers to be in the game in the 2011 version of FM either...it's all licensing.

Gerba is a good signing. :thup:

Archived