What is the worst FM 2009 new feature ?

What is the worst FM 2009 new feature ?

For me it's a tie between 3D Match & Press Conference

We hope so much from 3D match but it clearly dissapointed

We hope realistic press conference but it same question been ask every week

If you were expecting FIFA graphics then you only have yourself to blame really.

The graphics are competent for what their intended job is.

graphics you they do the job , but animations and the game engine itself with that stupid start and stop needs a lot of work .

agree also press-conferences are annoying and need work

Getting pretty tired of these types of threads, But here is my 2-bobs worth. Take from it what you will.

1-

The 3D is not up to scratch if compared to FIFA. But you only have yourself to blame for being let down in such a big way, since as Ackter said, they both serve different purposes. It is going to gradually improve with each release. Dont expect FIFA graphics in FM10 either.

Also, i cant beleive that people are saying this about FMs 3D and saying how good the new CM 3D will be, when the 3D in the new CM previews are just slightly better (better stadium renderings and small improvements)

Personally, i did expect a bit better. But knowing it was a new feature, I wasnt expecting the bees-knees, and I certaintly wasnt expecting to use it in the new version, and most of the times, i just view 2D if i need a graphcal representation.

Going back onto the 'FIFA' topic, compare FIFA '96 to '02 and then again to '09.....Improvements in each version.....Which is how I see it being implemented in FM (if it is to go down that path). You cant just develop from an Atari to a playstation 3 in 365 days :)

2-

Press conferences: see point 1 in regards to press conferences. Its a new feature, what do you expect?

Again, from my point of view, i would have liked a feature to turn them off altogether (but maybe that would cause issues with team morale, since press conferences has an indirect affect on team/player morale)

I'd agree with press conferences being rubbish. What annoys me is that SI couldn't see how repetitive and dull they become after only a short time.

Not really a "new" feature, but some of the bugs annoy me as well. The co-ownership bug is ridiculous - Juve just bought a 50% share of Alexis Sanchez for £40m in my game, and the player's still at Udinese.

I think most people are happy with the 3D. It isn't amazing but it's way better than the dot.

As for the worst feature, the idea of press conferences is okay, but two things are a problem for me: 1) they're repetitive and have about a dozen questions and 2) they have way too much influence over your next match. Unless you say something ridiculous a la Kevin "I'll love it" Keegan or Rafa "poor me" Benitez I doubt what a manager says in the press really influences matches in that way. I haven't used the feature except for cup finals and major rival matches since last November.

Yep - press conferences are tedious. And I don't trust my assistant not to botch it!

An option to repeat your previous answer would be good. They always ask that question about what your attacking philosophy will be. I pretty much always say the moderate attacking option. WOuld be good to have an option to auto-say that.

Press conferences appear too much for my liking, you may say just send assistant, then he can get the wrong word in. Should be a turn on/off feature, then again possibly everyone will have it off.

3d's been good so far, 2d classic I flick with elevated TV view. But hopefully as someone said it will improve every year so it's much more quick and like a real footy match.

3D match engine is fun! If you were expecting FIFA graphics then clearly you are out of your mind... The game does pretty well on a decent spec PC. Cant wait for FM 10 already with all the transfer updates plus 7 subs in the Football League!

• 2 months later...

I was going to make a new thread about how bad the press conference is in FM09 (and in my opinion probably due to the fact they spent to much time making a almost as bad 3D engine), But I found this old thread out and bought it back to life just to make sure S.I see the points made.

Everything about it is just bad ... and so un-like S.I

Press conferences are very poor, which is a shame. I just let my assistant manager do them.

For me though 3d is pointless. Its a management game, i have no need for it and would rather sigames concentrated on making other areas of the game better. Really like 2d though!

1. Press Conferences. - These are very repetitive. Too easy to master the answers so that my players are always get morale boost.

2. 3D is an okay-ish feature. I use Commentary mode only. But many people find this useful, so I don't mind this.

3. AI manager quality. Seriously, I understand FM09 is tough for newbies. But after 5/6 seasons, AI managers suck. It becomes easier to beat them and rule the league. AI managers player signing is horrible. When I was using fmweegie update, Kaka is sitting duck in the bench of RMadrid for whole season and had only 7 first-team game? how on the earth this is possible?

SI should fix AI managers team-selection, transfer logics, at least for top league managers. :)

Hard to say.

Press conferences are bad but you can just tell your assman to handle them so its like they are not even in the game. Problem solved :)

3d looks like something from early 90s but it can also be easily be disabled. Again problem solved.

I would have to vote for DRM since i didnt even buy the game because of it :) cmon SI..whats your position on this for fm10.

Press conferences.

I set my assistant to do them automatically in team settings, although does anyone know if you gain anything by actually doing them yourself? Like, do they help increase your manager stats? Improve reputations with other managers/players? If they do then that's annoying to miss out on, but answering the repetitive questions over and over is even more annoying..

A major part of playing FM for me is imagination and personally I find that the 3D detracts from this. However, I concur that many gamers appear to enjoy this feature. I prefer the dots because the 'lesser detail' enables me to imagine what is happening- the crude sprites and weightless ball frustrate me in 3D mode.

The press conferences need serious attention. After 16 long seasons of game time I am sick to death of the format and repetitive questions. And you can't send your hapless Ass Man.

There are some small issues with regens especially the lack of GKs that come thru.

Lastly, loans need help. Why when I have an U18 and reserve squad packed full of fantastic youngsters do I NEVER get loan approaches? Even when I offer players to clubs for 0% wages there are no takers. This is frustrating as it is hard to get competitive football for youngsters.

This post sounds negative but these are the only niggles I have with a very good game that I love! :)

I don't understand the point of the 3D. The only reason for having it seemed to be to add prettiness to the game because it certainly doesn't achieve anything else (apart from giving you a more restricted view of the pitch than you get in 2D mode). But it isn't even pretty to look at, so what's it for?

I don't understand the point of the 3D. The only reason for having it seemed to be to add prettiness to the game because it certainly doesn't achieve anything else (apart from giving you a more restricted view of the pitch than you get in 2D mode). But it isn't even pretty to look at, so what's it for?

To see great goals like these.

I don't really think it qualifies as a feature, but I really dislike not being able to give diagonal and horizontal arrows to the players. If it isn't one (probably) it would be press conferences. It's a good idea, but it's not implemented as well as it could have been.

3D is very nice as it allows you to visualise your tactics, it was first introduced in FM09, FM10 will be an evolution of it, and it will be fantastic i have every faith.

Press Conferences for me were a let down, the first one is ok, but the 100 repeated questions in every press conference you do is annoying, my AM does them all for me, I dont think you gain anything for doing them anyway.

Be nice to see more variation in the press conferences, even using downloadable updates to questions, responses etc in patches or something, just needs freshening up every now and then.

This.

I'm amazed by these type of posts: "if you expected fifa-like graphic" and blablabla...

No one expected or wanted that. It's ugly, slow and buggy and we knew it was going to be like that. This is why people don't like it or don't understand the point of its inclusion.

I don't get why people say that having 3d detracts from the imagination factor. Following that logic, you could say that the 2d detracts from imagining what is happening based upon the commentary. And you could say the that the commentary detracts from the imagination factor of the stats. It goes on. You can imagine the whole game if you prefer, and it would save you a bit of money too. I agree the 3d is crude, but I like it purely because it gives a fresh view on things and I can actually see the trajectory of the ball. After all, real life football isn't broadcast from directly over the top of the pitch.

Archived