How to go semi-pro to professional (Full time)

I am trying Dafuge's challenge with a semi-pro team that just came up into Blue Square South. They are a semi-pro team. I try to sign full time contracts to as many players/staff as I can, but some still insist on part-time contracts.

Is there anything that I can do to convert team to full-time/professional? What factors actually determine the status?

Money is an issue. I think in the English league they go pro if they get to League Two. Also remember if your signing someone and paying them 100 pound a week i'm pretty sure they will be working another job unless they are happy earning next to no money so they naturally won't have an interest in anything other than a part-time contract for that kind of money.

You just gotta wait mate. You will become professional when you reach League 2 as I am pretty sure at this level teams in England are required to be professional. If you somehow manage to raise a lot of money before you reach League 2 I believe there is a chance you could be made professional, although I am unsure on how much money you will need, I think I remember reading something mentioning the 4 or 5 million pounds mark but I could be way off.

I managed to sign most of my players up on Full Time contracts when I was steering Farsley through to the Leagues. Goalkeepers seemed in particular not to want to be full-time, but I wasn't really fussed about that and signed a good 'keeper Full Time when I was in the BSP anyway.

I seem to recall that a little persuasion and some combination of bonuses, pay rises, a little signing on fee helped persuade some to go full time.

Then when you get into League Two the board makes you a full-time club.

Archived