Does job security/board confidence reset every season?

I've noticed that my job security seems to reset itself at the beginning of each season, when I agree my target (challenge for the title, top half of the table, fight bravely against relegation, etc.). This can be a pain when your board are delighted with you one minute and suddenly just satisfied the next.

On my current game, I'm unemployed and was looking at the 'under pressure managers' page where I noticed quite a few managers listed as 'insecure' or 'very insecure'. Come the beginning of the season, though, they'd all disappeared and even now in October there's nobody on the list at all.

Am I just imagining this, or has this been programmed in for 09? If so, what's the reason for it?

ive noticed this and i'd like to know what gives... in my game as newcastle manager i should be some kind of legend considering i won not just one trophy but several... being a geordie myself i think i know what that'd mean to us...

weird though how the club stature bit doesn't reset at the start of every season...

^The Club Stature confidence is about the overall performance of the club under you (ie in the whole time you were at the club), while the Competitions confidence is relative to the expectations at the start of the season.

yeh but as the original poster says... job stability resets to the middle at the start of every season. therefore we could win everything imaginable one season then be sacked by xmas for having a bad start in the next. that wouldn't happen IRL unless you were managing newcastle or real madrid

Archived