Board Placing Restrictions on Staff

Why on eat do boards place a restriction of 6 coaches on me.

The clubs that i done this to me have lots of money and tend to already have 17 coaches and then when the 17 leave i can only hire 6. The balane is 50 million and all i'm offering these new coaches is like 500 to 750 a week. Where as the previous coaches were earning 1 to 2k a week.

Why can't you have an minimum of 7 coaches this way you will have enough for training and i think the limit should be removed in fm10 and just a staff wage budget introduced instead like with the players and also you should be able to alter it like the players wage budget.

The limit on staff is pretty stupid. As long as you can afford the wages, I don't why you shouldn't be able to hire as many as you want.

It's particularly annoying that the AI managers seem to be allowed more staff at the same club. Especially physios.

I agree with your first point, but not really your second. The AI is pretty stupid with backroom staff, just as it is with AI squad-building. Many AI clubs have like 3 GK coaches and no outfield coaches, or 6 youth coaches and a fitness coach. I did see one top club with at least 8 physios - but more than 2 or 3 doesn't add any benefit to the club. I hope a bit more logic is applied here for FM10.

I don't really understand how physios work. I just get a bit annoyed when I join a new club with five crap physios and I have to sack them all to bring in two good ones. Even with Barcelona I was only allowed three, but AI teams often have eight or so.

The AI is certainly crap with backroom staff though so it is incapable of wielding its advantage to full effect.

Perhaps a bit off topic but what is the advantage of having more than one physio?

I think more physios decrease the time of recovery for players treated by them, and the higher physiotheraphy stat means physios can give better predictions of recovery times. I might be wrong there, though.

I've read different ideas but the in game tips indicate that the better the physio the better he is at prediciting how long a player is out. No mention of decreasing time out on the sidelines.

I've called for SI to make things more transparent. Add a more advanced tutorial where things like this are made clear but I've been ignored so far. Right now most of what the community knows is speculation we have no definitive answer on benefits of 6 start coaches over 4, what attributes do physios - scouts need and other things of that nature.

Like I said all we do now is speculate by using common sense and running experiments but who knows how they've coded the game.

Archived