Managers from HELL!!!

after being very successful with man city,

shortest time at club: liverpool (1 day)

i delayed getting the job until after the world cup that year, so i thought i better accept but then i realised the team was rubbish with no budget, off to italy i went :) to

longest time at club: inter milan (1945 days)

Shortest stint I had with a club was 10 days. The chairman decided to sell the only two decent players in the team so I handed in my resignation. Went on to manage in Italy, Spain and Holland, but I lost that save. Bummer as it was the most fun I had playing this game because for the first time I made it past 3 seasons.

I had been previously successful with several teams including South African National Team (First Knockout Round of World Cup, Semi Finals of African Nations) Sheffield Utd (Three Playoff Place finishes) Bohemians (2 Titles, 1 Cup) and Rennes (Two Euro Cup Finishes).

Then I went to Anderlecht, blew the £8M budget and proceeded to sink down the table at an alarming rate. My board were exceptionally patient with me and still hadn't fired me halfway through the season when I was two places from the relegation zone. I felt awful and resigned.

I can't say I've spectacularly flopped anywhere since CM4, where I had 2 bad, and rather brief games.

First one was at Barcelona and I was excited about the prospects of my front 3 of Riquelme, Saviola and Kluivert. They started brilliantly, but we then went on a run where we only scored something like 5 goals in 17 matches. We were about mid-table, had lost to Real Madrid, but the board were alright as we were still in the Champions League. I think Valencia got a lucky win to knock us out of that and then after a 6-0 victory where my team remembered how to score I was sacked. Has anyone been sacked after a 6-0 win before?

The second game was at River Plate. In those days River had D'Alessandro and Cavenaghi who were then rated as two of the top young players in the world so I was optimistic. But it just didn't happed. I think I lost my first 2 league matches without scoring, before winning 7-0. I remember losing 1-0 at Boca with us missing a great last minute chance to equalise. My final game before I gave up saw me lose 2-1 at home. I had a lot of shots. My opponents had 2, both penalties.

I was beginning to think I wasn't very good at CM (CM4 was my first CM game I owned), but I then started at Barnet and reached the top flight in 6 seasons from the Conference. That was one of my best ever saves.

It was on FM 08 and after a perfect 5 years as Fergies successor at united I left to devote my time to the brazil job. 1 world cup and a copa america later I was itching to get back into club football. I noticed chelsea were having a bit of a hard time in the prem so I declared an interest in the job, a week later the manager was sacked and I was installed as the new gaffer.

With only 5 games left there wasnt much I could do to change us finishing outside any european places but with romans billions I was extreamly confident about the next season. How wrong I was, 80 million spent on new players and a strike force consisting of Torres and Agureo (already at the club) still couldnt stop us from free fall.

After 3 months of struggling to get beyond 14th I was handed a life line when I was linked to the Inter job, I said I would love to go and had to wait an awkward 2 weeks for the Inter offer. The move wasnt that popular down the Kings road :D to say the least.

I did a Brian Clough on FM 07 with Aston Villa. After excellent runs with Forest and Wolves, grabbed the job at Villa who had just finished 2nd in the Prem. 6 months later, we were 16th, with a mini player revolt and an unhappy chairman. Still havent got a clue what i did so wrong today, believeing myself to be quite tactically astute, but obviously something wasnt right and i ended up getting the boot

Have you ever taken over at a club and completely flopped and how long did you last in the job?

I was once manager of Man United and got sacked immediately after the part of the game where you meet the press for the first time. I didn't even manage the team in a competitive or friendly game! I think I got sacked because I issued the board with an ultimatum and they were quite understandably p****ed off with my attitude.

On Champ Man 2000/2001, my brother had just gotten the game for his birthday and i pestered and pestered him to let me have a shot so he let me add myself as a manager on one of his saves. So its december 2000 and im 7 years old and i decided to go spurs(god knows why). I made one signing in Danny Murphy and the team went on a pre-season tour of the Netherlands. I lost 3 and drew 1 all to reasonable teams and on return was sacked. I remember running out of the room with my brothers taunts ringing in my easr. The Bastard

on FM07, had a very successful career with Sydney FC (9 leagues in about 11 seasons + Asian Champs a fair few times) so I thought I'd move to the big time, took a job with Seognam in Korea, they were a good team for Korea, predicted to finish 3rd, I finished 12th. The next year we started ok, but then the Real Salt Lake job opened up and I jumped ship. Only played 8 games, all bar 1 a heavily dominated loss, so again I left. This time recently relegated Wigan offered me a job. I took that, got them promoted in my first year, back to it I thought, but oh no, I was so wrong. Promptly got relegated the next year and was sitting in the relegation for the Championship the next year when I resigned again. Haven't signed with a new club in that save, really should look at it again 1 day!

Archived