Done with FM09(in a good way)

They seem to have died down but there have been alot of threads started on here about people being done with the game because of negative reasons. Well at the moment I have a few other things in my live that I need to start doing so FM09 will be taking a back seat for awhile, I will continue to post on here but at the moment I just cant get into a game properly.

I must say that this FM in my opinion has been the best it has got me into it more than any other apart from one of the older ones. The 3-d match engine although it has faults is the best thing about the game I couldnt play FM without it now. I have had a great time managing the following clubs, this probably shows I have way too much time on my hands but my PC is very fast and I dont load many leagues.

Sunderland - 14 seasons

Getafe - 6 seasons

Barcelona - 4 seasons

Crewe - 8 seasons

Nantwich Town - 8 seasons

Valencia - 3 seasons

I have also had a few other games that ran for only one season or even less sometimes. So for now I will not be starting a new game any time in the near future and maybe not at all on FM09, I just thought I would post this as there have been alot of posts about people stopping playing it for negative reasons. Might aswell post for positive reasons.

Anyone else feel they will stop playing before FM10 comes out but not for negative reasons?

I already stopped.

Not for negative reasons, I stopped because I didn't have the time for it, especially as it never ran very well on my laptop, which was not the fault of the game, just my stupid decision to buy the first laptop I could afford before Christmas, which was when I got my game.

I stopped for a negative reason. I have bad experiences with fm 09, therefore decided that SI don't offer enough quality neither for me or my kids.

Actually it is a matter of principe not to see another SI product in my home again.

I stopped for a negative reason. I have bad experiences with fm 09, therefore decided that SI don't offer enough quality neither for me or my kids.

Actually it is a matter of principe not to see another SI product in my home again.

That's a bit harsh don't you think? I am by no means a die hard fan. I can go on and on about things they could've/should've been implemented better, but all in all it's a good fun game.

Got one final achievement to beat before I can call time on it, and since I bought Keirrison back I've got about 2 seasons to get him to beat Nepenthez's strikers goalscoring record if by the time Keirrison is 34/35 he hasn't done it then he won't and I'll call time on the game. If he does then I'll still call time on the game lol.

Got one final achievement to beat before I can call time on it, and since I bought Keirrison back I've got about 2 seasons to get him to beat Nepenthez's strikers goalscoring record if by the time Keirrison is 34/35 he hasn't done it then he won't and I'll call time on the game. If he does then I'll still call time on the game lol.

Let me know if he does it if you dont mind.

Well his best in a season is currently 160, managed 64 from 25 games for me after january + 6 international goals in 3 games. First half of the season at real madrid managed 27 goals there in 26 games and 48 international goals in 12 games. So last season he still managed a good total, season he left though was frustrating by January 1st he'd got 88 goals already. Anyway, like I said its my one last challenge on this game lol.

Archived