No Work Permit...

Hi,

I've just signed a good looking Cameroonian centre forward but missed the part where it said he was refused a work permit - what can i do in this situation to get him that Work Permit?

Do i need to loan him out to a European club and hope that next season he will be eligible? and if so, how difficult is this?

Any advice appreciated...

Thanks in advance!

Try to offer him a contract now sometimes they are given a work permit. If that doesn't work you'd want to get one of the teams in Bulgaria or Belgium to be a feeder club. You can send him off to them for 3 years til he gets an EU nationality. If you send him to other countries such as Spain or Italy it'll take him 4 years to get an EU nationality.

What bardock said, plus if they're starting to play in U19/21s then if you wait a bit they may qualify for a work permit (players need to have played a certain percentage of the national team's games to qualify for work permit).

Thanks for that. Reckon i'll send him out to Ferencvaros in Hungary, one of the feeder clubs, and see what happens. i don't imagine he'll be happy playing out there but i don't suppose i have a choice.

is the only way to see if they are eligible for a WP other than to offer them a new contract??

cheers!

What bardock said, plus if they're starting to play in U19/21s then if you wait a bit they may qualify for a work permit (players need to have played a certain percentage of the national team's games to qualify for work permit).

Almost 100% certain that u19/21 caps dont count towards a players eligibility for a work permit only full international caps count. Another thing you should note is that even though a player is eligible for dual nationality they dont have to take it and there is nothing you can do to persuade them to take it.

how do you get them on your team without a work permit??do you have to have a feeder club in another country???????

If you havent got a work permit feeder club then the transfer negotiations will fail at the appeal stage. Poland and Belgium are the best countries to get feeder clubs in as they will only have to go on loan for 3 years before there eligible for dual nationality. Spain is best if you are trying to sign south americans because of the rules in spain where the wait is only 2 years.

Ensar you have to make sure you have a feeder team that is in europe, preferably one in Polland, Bulgaria or Belgium. This will allow you to sign any non-European Union player without a work permit.

Once you get him you have to loan him to your feeder so he can get nationality of the country he'll play in. If he goes to Poland, Bulgaria or Belgium he only has to stay there for 3 years to get a work permit anywhere else in Europe he'll have to stay there for 4 years before he can gain nationality of the country he's in. The reason for this is because the European Union have rules about workers being able to move freely between the nations. This means if a Brazillian for example gets a Belgian, Bulgrain, Polish, Spanish, Italian and a bunch of others passports they can play in England without a work permit.

You can also loan him out and hope that the national team select him regularly for two years. I think he needs to play 75% of games for his national team. They also have to be top 70 I think in world ranking. Playing for U19/21 definitely doesn't count.

Archived