I just won the champions league and still no one wants to come!!!

My team is Lyn Oslo and we have just won the champions league with a lucky 1-0 victory over Barcelona 4th season.

Even so-for some reason I can't attract any decent players! Norwegian players like Brede Hangeland, rotting on the Man City reserves, and Per Cillian Skjelbred on mediocre west ham, dismiss my interest! Diego-the good one with 20 flair, was rotting on the inter reserves and requested a transfer-and went to palmerieas for less money than I offered him!

Not even the good norwegians in the norwegian league, like Tore Reginussen or Vadim Demidov, want to go to Lyn. Honestly I don't get it. We are the european champions and play in a pretty nice city of Oslo, I can understand if a brazillian doesnt want to go there, BUT WHY DONT THE NORWEGIANS LIVING IN FARMER TOWNS WANT TO COME?

Is this realistic, or not?

Yes, it's realistic. A lot of French teams do really well, but given the chance to go to Monaco, Lyon or Man City?

Man U are more successful than Real Madrid, and yet where does Mr. Paris Hilton want to play football?

It's all about reputation - and not just club rep; your league's rep also has a huge bearing.

Think, if Celtic won the CL but a top striker had the option to go to them or, say, Aston Villa or Tottenham Hotspur. Unless they're a 32 year-old chasing a last hurrah with a 30 goal tally in his last years, they're off to England (sorry, SPL guys, but it's true).

If you still feel this is unfair, I believe you can cheat a little bit and edit the league and club reps using a third party programme. FMRTE I think.

yeh you guys are right, specifically about the porto and celtic thing.

Maybe if I win 2 or 3 times in a row I can get some stars, I think realistically for example if Celtic won the CL three times in a row alot of stars would suddenly be willing to play in the scottish premier

i dont understand why the norwegians in the norwegian league who play in farmer towns wouldn't want to come to the Manchester United of Norway though.

If Falkirk accidentally won the CL, would you prefer continuing your football career there or at Celtic/Rangers?

Lyn is not like Falkirk though

Rosenberg is probably the biggest club while Lyn is on the same level as Lillestrom, Tromso, and Valeranga.

To me it isn't realistic that Brede Hangeland and Morton Gamst would rather rot on their team's reserve bench then come be stars for the best team in their home country and reigning European champions, as well as norwegian league players in farmer town teams not wanting to go to the best team in norway that just won the CL

No absolutely amazing players on my team, here's my squad.

However Thomas Vik and Lars Eric Haugland are two Norwegian regen wingers, coincidentally one a natural right one a natural left sided- who started out on my youth team at the ages of 15 and 16, and started out with ridiculous world class level stats, so they helped me out.

qsl57a.jpg

My path to the finals- I won the group stage of Arsenal, Celtic and Twente.

First knockout was Lyon and for some reason I dominated possession in both legs 70-30 and won 3-2. I dominated possession vs inter next leg as well and won 2-2 on away goals.

Against Roma Tottie was hurt, they dominated my midfield but I got lucky with counter attacks.

In the CL final vs Barcelona i had 60-40 possession but barcelona got about 30 shots, and I won 1-0 only because a set piece goal header.

My central defenders are actually class acts-top level physical and technical stats, just some weak mental stats that keep their price down.

I have no idea how i dominated possession vs way better teams Inter and Lyon but someone told me it's because I had kept my core squad together for 4 years and the gelling effect is a huge multiplier to the whole team.

Maybe they wont come becasue it is about £10 a pint for a beer in Norway

true that-my girlfriends one of those people so I've been to that place loads of times-yeh the government gives her free money for doing nothing- but everything costs way too much.

I can't understand how alchoholics survive in norway

can we have some screenies of your wonder wingers?

v4pjqc.jpg

this guy started out as a 16 year old with pretty much these same technical stats, but his stamina and strength have increased alot. 7 star potential according to scouts

2wp8rco.jpg

this guy started out a 15 year old and had 7 star potential, only problem he is like Robben-very injury prone

also both players are said to relish the big matches

• 2 years later...

i would say that quality players like this coming from norway is slightly unrealistic, atleast on the wingers, i mean even now in the national team the closest guy with those stats is huseklepp and he is a little bit off, maybe the super norwegan bug is back for vengance from Championship manager =P.

I think it has to do with the reputation of the league. The more times other teams from your league get to the quarter-/semi-finals of the Champions League the more the reputation of your country that you're in goes up. The higher the reputation the more likely players will want to go to that league.

Winning a Champions League could be considered a fluke, plus the standard of the league (lack of European football success) wouldn't be enough to convince players to move to that leauge.

i would say that quality players like this coming from norway is slightly unrealistic, atleast on the wingers, i mean even now in the national team the closest guy with those stats is huseklepp and he is a little bit off, maybe the super norwegan bug is back for vengance from Championship manager =P.

It looks more like they are great technically (which is possible whatever country you are in) but with very bad mental stats. It's true they're still young but they aren't quality players yet.

As for the OP, it's definitely down to the reputation of club and league and I doubt you're able to influence players by giving them insane wages which is what you would have to do if you want to bring in those higher rep names straight away. Keep working on the league/Europe and you should start to see a growth in the quality of players who might consider moving to you.

Archived