Cup Draws against the team you are due to play in the league the next match?

Im sure I have read something about this on here before but couldnt find anything.

Is there a bug that keeps drawing you in the cup against the team you are due to play in the league a few days after the cup match?

ie I have just been drawn against Man Utd in the league cup, Spurs in the FA Cup and Man City in the European cup and I play them all the next game after the cup game.

Or is it just coincedence?

Last season Hamburg and Bremen played each other 4 times within 19 days. In the domestic cup, in the Bundesliga and twice in the UEFA-cup. I believe that it's a coincidence which you believe to happen too often because you only realise when it happens and don't seem to notice all the seasons it doesn't happen.

I'm with the original poster here sorry guys, seems to me that at least twice a season (no exaggeration) I will be playing a team up to FOUR times in a row - the league, FA cup, league cup or Champions League. Might just be a coincidence but seems to happen an awful lot to be a coincidence still...

I don't know how people can say its a coincidence, it might happen a bit regularly to different teams in real life but to an individual team it should happen once in a blue moon. To most teams it should happen once in at least 10 seasons at the most.

• Administrators

There is a bug (which is fixed by the 9.3 patch) to do with cup draws, where the FA Cup draws were regionalised. As said this was fixed by the patch, but there is no other bug in regards to cups and drawing the same teams. Thank.

I thought the same as the OP, so I went about proving it. I counted how many times this happened over my entire save game and it really didn't happen as often as I thought.

I think it comes down to it being something you notice because it does seem odd when it happens several times. I think it is because you play a lot of seasons quickly on FM so it seems like it happens more than it really does.

Archived