Ai squad building...?

is it possible to some how get AI managers and clubs alike to spend money in creating a better blend of player investing in youth players etc, IRl we saw players like Rooney beeing played in the 1st team at a young age due to good ability and body strenght etc, it seems even good young teenagers dont get played purly because of there age alone..

Surly this can be done?

The decision making model for AI managers needs a real overhaul, as has been discussed many, many times. I won't go into detail - there are plenty of threads about it - but their purchasing policy seems to be base primarily on reputation of available players rather than their need to strengthen particular positions, and the buying of youngsters only occurs when those youngsters are already established in the first team, such as at a lower level and when they've broken into the U19/21 international side. Which is why Man City end up with 3 world class left wingers and only one righty, and Liverpool continue signing DMC/MCs despite having Macherano, Lucas and Alonso.

We were told that in 9.3 patch "bigger" teams (Arsenal, ManU et al) should be more inclined to field more youngsters for less important cups - eg, League Cup vs Harrogate Town, or Uefa Cup vs Plonk Solenika when already qualified - but I've only seen this happen once or twice.

Hopefully all this will be improved for FM10.

This is really annoying for me. I'm in the Portuguese league and a majority of teams have like 35 player squads.

Porto has even more I'd say 40+ players and that's just the 1st team squad. They start the game with lots of players loaned out (from real life transfers), but they never get rid of or reloan the players that come back.

its getting annoying for me too, most of the time the AI team would build to such crap after a few years that the game no longer provide any form of challenge at all, and I had to start a new save to keep the fun factor.

ai squad building is abouluty terrible in terms of a long term game and it reaaly takes the fun out of it, also the in keeping with the poor squad building is clubs resigning players at 21 who stay at the club till 28 and play maybe one game in that time, such as players brought thru there youth set up and reserves.

One example i have in my game is danny welbeck, utd keeped signing him to new deals but by the time he lift he was 30 and only played a handful of games during all his time at utd. But it happens all too offend and it really does take from the game

So has there been any word from SI that this issue is going to be seriously looked at and changed

Archived