Co-Managers?

The most well known example in the real world was the joint coaching of Sweden by Tommy Söderberg and Lars Lagerbäck (Barcelona though have a relationship with Cryuff that I won't pretend to understand).

I wouldn't mind sharing a managing position, especially if it's with a friend I'm playing a game with. I guess you could put the feature in the same category as including a director of football (with real transfer powers). Bad idea or not?

Originally posted by Kain:

I'm not even sure how this idea would actually work. I'm not dead against it, but the whole idea just sounds like it would be far too complicated to implement properly tbh.

Yeah, I think having an AI co-manager wouldn't work too well but a human co-manager with chat available during the matches might be doable.

It probably won't work so well, especially with human/AI partnership since people will be mad if AI changes what you just spent hours arranging it (tactics/training).

It's similar for human partnership, you can always discuss and play the game together without co-managing. This also could be difficult to implement.

What he means is that a person like Cruijf could criticize or sugest things.

Like he does irl "the Ajax youth academy isent functioning well" The board of directors could then open an option to you if you want to change certain things. a very big player in history could become a sort of mascote and could then also be offerd the job of assistant manager or a position on the board.

The person could aproach you wit ha player he thinks would be a quality signing.

"Cruijff tells you young talent <person> would be a perfect signing for the club"

This person could suggest a change in tactic

"Cruijff has offerd his vsion on the current tactic, he believes the team needs to play pressure faster and play the circulation faster"

ect ect

It would ad more realism to the game i think

Originally posted by Neji:

Pointless IMO. If you want a human co manager, why not just sit and play the same game together?

Exactly

And with an AI co manager you would just get annoyed as you do with the Chairman.

Archived