slump?

Same thing happened to me in my current save. I found that my tactics stopped being effective after propelling me to the #1 spot. After watching a couple of full matches I noticed that teams were a lot more defensive even when they played me at their ground. I developed 2 more attacking tactics (one for away games the other for home games) I went on to win the league with a 24 point difference. I suggest looking at full matches to figure out how the AI have countered.

Usually something as simple as giving your 3rd choice striker a chance can make all the difference. The same saved game my 3rd choice went on a run of 8 goals in 13 matches. When he started to lose form I switched back to my 2nd choice and he started to score.

I constantly have slumps in form, every christmas in fact and at first it didnt bother me as I thought "yeah in real life teams do have slumps" but when it happens every single season for 8 years it starts to p**s me off. I think its another of those thing put into the game along with all the other football cliches ( like "you're most vunerable after scoring" ) that are believed to make it more "realistic".

Archived