A1GP, The Sign Up! (II)

Welcome to A1GP, The Sign Up! It is based on A1GP, the racing competition where all teams have exactly the same car, and are based on 'Nations'. All of our players have chosen a nation, and will start with the same ability and potential, and will now fight to win the A1GP Championship, to bring glory to their country.

Our 42 strikers come from all over the globe, and with representatives from all 6 Confederations, the title really could go anywhere. Having been randomly assigned to teams in the Blue Square North and South, the players will work their way up the leagues so that they can score more points. The players' performances for their national team aren't taken into account.

Original Signing Up thread

Original Version

The point system was devised by PaulHartman71, and takes into account the standard of league that the striker is in. So if you're playing for a Premier League club, you'll be scoring more points per goal than you would in the Blue Square.

Leagues that fill into each Division standard will be inserted in when a player moves to that League.

Divisional Standards – 

Top Leagues (Reputation 16-19):

Appearance: 10 Points
 Assist: 12 Points
 Goals: 14 Points
 YC: -10 Points
 RC: -14 Points
 MOTM: 13 Points
 Team Bonus: Overall points divided by 10 and then rounded to nearest whole number, added by 19

Fairly Good Leagues (Reputation 13-15):

Appearance: 8 Points
 Assist: 10 Points
 Goals: 12 Points
 YC: -8 Points
 RC: -12 Points
 MOTM: 11 Points
 Team Bonus: Overall points divided by 10 and then rounded to nearest whole number, added by 15

Good Leagues: (Reputation 9-12):

Appearance: 6 Points
 Assist: 8 Points
 Goals: 10 Points
 YC: -6 Points
 RC: -10 Points
 MOTM: 9 Points
 Team Bonus: Overall points divided by 10 and then rounded to nearest whole number, added by 12

Average Leagues: (Reputation 6-8)

Appearance: 4 Points
 Assist: 6 Points
 Goals: 8
 YC: -4 Points
 RC: -8 Points
 MOTM: 7 Points
 Team Bonus: Overall points divided by 10 and then rounded to nearest whole number, added by 8 

Poor Leagues: (Reputation 4-5)

Appearance: 2 Points
 Assist: 3 Points
 Goals: 6 Points
 YC: -2 Points
 RC: -6 Points
 MOTM: 5 Points
 Team Bonus: Overall points divided by 10 and then rounded to nearest whole number, added by 5

Very Poor Leagues: (Reputation 3 and below)

Appearance: 1 Point
 Assist: 2 Points
 Goal: 4 Points
 YC: -1 Point
 RC: -4 Points
 MOTM: 3 Points
 Team Bonus: Overall points divided by 10 and then rounded to nearest whole number, added by 3

The overall points is the overall points that the Strikers ‘Team’ got in their league season.

The 'Championship' point scoring is what gets taken forward at the end of the season, and works as follows:

Each season is a race, and I will follow the players' exploits, and award them points accordingly, as above. At the end of the season, we will see who has the most of points. The person who comes first will be awarded 15 points, the person who comes second is awarded 14 points and so on until we get to 15th place, who is awarded 1 point. Season by season the 'Top 15' points will be added up for the A1GP Championship, and when we reach the end of the 18th season whoever has the most points is crowned as Champion. Will it be you?

Screenshots of each player at their starting club will be posted tomorrow. The Home Race feature will be explained fully after the 1st season.

If anyone has any questions about the point scoring, or if I haven't explained a particular detail well enough, ask and I'll try and make it clearer.

And now, let the battle to become Champion commence!

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to this! I'm predicting Ping Pong, with the financial backing of the banking world of Hong Kong (and a little help from the Triads), to buy his way to victory! ;)

There's bound to be a reality with a succesful Belgian striker in England. Fingers crossed it's this one :D

It was a Belgian striker that scored the first Premier League goal of the year 2000. (I try to avoid incorrectly referring to this as a new century or millenium).

It was a Belgian striker that scored the first Premier League goal of the year 2000. (I try to avoid incorrectly referring to this as a new century or millenium).

I'm sure there have been one or two with limited success, wasn't aware of this fact I assume it was Luc Nilis, seem to recall he played for Villa or something. I'm not totally up to speed with Belgian players IRL ^^. In any case, I'm more thinking of Player of the year kind of success for my striker :D

I'm sure there have been one or two with limited success, wasn't aware of this fact I assume it was Luc Nilis, seem to recall he played for Villa or something. I'm not totally up to speed with Belgian players IRL ^^. In any case, I'm more thinking of Player of the year kind of success for my striker :D

:-O Who? - Luc Nilis? - No!! - Only the legend that is Branko Strupar for the mighty Rams. - lol

I've almost finalised which leagues I'm going to be running. With too many leagues processing was getting unbearably slow, so this is what I've decided on:

England (all leagues)

France (Ligue 1)

Germany (First Division)

Italy (Serie A/B)

Spain (Liga BBVA & Liga Adelante)

Scotland (Premier Division)

USA (MLS)

Australia (A-League)

I'm going to run Australia because it's somewhere the Pacific islanders could end up if they don't make it in England, same with MLS for the North Americans. I'm not going to be running any leagues on full detail, as that slows things down a lot as well, plus it would be different for those who move to unplayable leagues. I might add the Singapore league for the SE Asians, as that won't take much processing. However, all of the players have enough talent to play at the top level, so these extra leagues probably won't be necessary.

Screenshots should be up at some point tonight, depending on how long it takes to upload all of them.

A solid Tongan victory I predict every season :cool:

Looking at your Tongan i reckon you may be right, especially at AFC Wimbledon.

I'm quite happy with Ping Pong who's looking pretty fast for a 6'1" hongkonese man (Not many of them about!) Decent finisher with composure and flair with a bit of technique and good work rate. May stand a chance at King's Lynn who are usually pushing for a play-off spot.

Archived