So many injuries!!!!

Look at that, it's so freaking annoying. Most of them are out for couple of months!

And the most annoying thing is that I couldn't register the ones I bought after the first registration.

BeitarJerusalem-1.png

BTW, It's 9.3.0, if you have any doubts.

6 injuries at the same time? What's wrong with that?

Obviously if all players are out for months it's cause for concern, but it's not neccessarily a major crisis even then. Greater impact though as I can see they're all attacking players, which can be annoying.

6 injuries at the same time? What's wrong with that?

Obviously if all players are out for months it's cause for concern, but it's not neccessarily a major crisis even then. Greater impact though as I can see they're all attacking players, which can be annoying.

Nothing wrong with that?

It's either big hit for the game, or for the human kind.

When you come to think of it,

it started right after I installed 9.3.0 .

Nothing wrong with that?

It's either big hit for the game, or for the human kind.

When you come to think of it,

it started right after I installed 9.3.0 .

What do you mean? It's unlucky when you get numerous injuries, but this is hardly excessive. Teams in reality have had 10+ players out, and more regularly than you think. The in-game injuries may need tweaking still from 9.30, but overall the number seems about right, if not on the low-end.

What do you mean? It's unlucky when you get numerous injuries, but this is hardly excessive. Teams in reality have had 10+ players out, and more regularly than you think. The in-game injuries may need tweaking still from 9.30, but overall the number seems about right, if not on the low-end.

Really? I've hardly heard of 10 injuries for a team.

Anyway, just finished a game,

2 "half-injured" players, one injured after all subs were spent.

I think it's the most injuries I had in FM (and CM at his time)

It sounds so odd that you say it's not a lot of injuries.

Really? I've hardly heard of 10 injuries for a team.

Anyway, just finished a game,

2 "half-injured" players, one injured after all subs were spent.

I think it's the most injuries I had in FM (and CM at his time)

It sounds so odd that you say it's not a lot of injuries.

It's really not that many. Last season I can remember Real Madrid and Newcastle amongst others having high numbers of injuries. The year before Arsenal, and so on. Many more examples.

In reality lots of players get knocks in games, but as you'll see, lots don't miss any time at all. Similarly others are only discovered afterwards. 6 injuries at one time is unfortunate but far from unrealistic or excessive, unless a constant issue; which it isn't.

You need to try and figure out why your team has so many injuries. Perhaps its just a case of altering either your tactics and\or training schedule.

I'm with the same training since I started,

and the tactics are mostly the same either,

and this injuries started just as I installed the latest patch and at the beginning of the season.

There's no problem with injuries in the latest patch. The amount of injuries match the real life stats pretty accurately. Sure, sometimes you get a string of back luck and have lots of players out at once (and, as others have said, 6 out is nothing remarkable, either in game or IRL). **** happens. Conversely, you can have a run where no-one gets injured.

I'm with the same training since I started,

and the tactics are mostly the same either,

and this injuries started just as I installed the latest patch and at the beginning of the season.

There's no problem with injuries in the latest patch. The amount of injuries match the real life stats pretty accurately. Sure, sometimes you get a string of back luck and have lots of players out at once (and, as others have said, 6 out is nothing remarkable, either in game or IRL). **** happens. Conversely, you can have a run where no-one gets injured.

I agree with PhroX. There is no problems with the latest patch and injuries. I still think Lotem that you need to look at your tactics and\or training and carry out some alterations.

Is it really realistic when your team is suffering 4 injuries in the same match at least twice a season? If someone provides data showing that it is then maybe I would agree with Hershie et al.

4 serious injuries is perhaps "unrealistic" but not unfathomable. 4 of varying degrees happens all the time. You don't notice it as much in real life if only one or two go off, and then if the other injured players get knocks but still make the next match.

The problem with the injury "bug" is not that it is a bug but that humans are very bad at statistics, even when we are trained at it (it is hardwired into our brains through evolution). People wiil see exceptionalities where there are none, e.g. if I pick 1,2,3,4,5,6 for my lotto on Wednesday night, I will get strange looks from everyone, even though it has the same probability as any other combination (about 1 in 11 millin in Ireland, higher in UK) of winning. For the same reason many people complain about getting excessive injuries, both on FM and IRL, when it is just a low,but not remote (say 5% during any particular 2 month period) statistical probability, where if you play the game long enough it will crop up regularly.

P.S. do not get me started on either coincidences or Correlation not= Causation.

I've started getting a lot of injuries in my latest season of my current save. I'd say 2 players are getting injured per match, pretty consistently. That is unrealistic. However, I didn't have this last season or the one before.

So in my view I think it is my Training Schedules, which I completely changed in the summer. However, although I changed a lot of slider positions so that schedules make more sense for the players' position on the pitch, I haven't changed the overall intensity; they remain medium, a couple of notches below heavy.

Is this too high...? Or is it possible to pick up injuries even when the overall intensity isn't high, but one or more of the individual sliders are set to intensive?

Or am I just having an unfortunate bad run of injuries? :(

You are unfortunate, but it is not uncommon. I finished the last three months of my season with three players consistently injured. It was not all the same players, the injuries were short term, but if one player came back fit another would get injured.

This happens IRL too, e.g. last season Everton were reduced to playing either Cahill or Fellaini up front mid way through the season while Blackburn finished the season with Samba up front, both cases solely through injuries.

If you are high in the league, in late stages of all cups, and in Europe, two injuries a match is very feasible (unless all the players are breaking their right legs, which is a bit like getting it off with *insert dream girl here* in the toilets, with Arnie banging on the door holding in a p*** while the Taliban hijack the plane).

I would suggest a lot of squad rotation (if you can) and to tone down the strength and aerobic sliders on your training (to at most 2/3 of light intensity)

P.S. if you have a player with a knock take him off immediately!

Archived