players refusing pain killing injection??

AshleyMurphy.png

What is your take on players that do this? i dont like this at all and look at it as disloyalty and thinking about his future. way i look at it i paid out 10 mil to catch this particular player and gets paid a very handsome wage each week surely getting paid this kind of money should mean he should make sacrifices for the greater good of the team, there is no i in team after all and every other player i have asked to play through the pain barrier has been willing to, worst thing is i only asked him to take injection because all over dm's are injured and he wasnt willing to???, i want warriors in my team not selfish pretentious pansies, and the worst case i have personally seen of this situation is a player is injured for an extra few weeks.....any opinions on this matter?

Surely you should also be loyal to him? That message normally only comes up after one round of injections have already been given. Playing through the pain will only do everybody harm. It will aggravate the injury, his performance for the match will be poor, and he could do himself some serious damage. It shows that you don't really care about de la Red's future, just about the short term success of the team. Don't spend so long cutting up bodies that you forget to be human.

Yes. Michael Ballack took an injection to play in the FA Cup final, and then refused to play in the CL final.

i think that is totally unrealistic players would sacrifice a limb to play in a champions league final

If it would cost them their career, I don't think so somehow. It's also a managers responsibility for the well being of each player on the pitch.

didnt ballack have to take pain killing injections in every game for the last 3-4 months of the season when leverkusen was chasing a treble?, john terry has aswell, gerrard also and you look at these men as warriors and only a serious injury would keep them off the pitch, i want these sort of players with that sort of character thats all im saying....

didnt ballack have to take pain killing injections in every game for the last 3-4 months of the season when leverkusen was chasing a treble?
Least i can say is that he needed a lot of pain killers after ending up 2nd in each of the three competitions :D He also finished 2nd with Germany in the world cup that season ;)

then dont buy de la red, go buy gerrard <<if hes not that type of player then dont treat him the same way

"go buy gerrard" like its so easy....do you know how much that would cost? incase you aint noticed im sunderland and cant compete with the other big teams when it comes to finances so have to try and find cheap(ish) gems like de la red.

Then buy a watered down version of gerrard. Rocket science!

There's pain killers and pain killers, if he turned down a Paracetamol go for it, but Cortisone for example can be very damaging. You feel no pain in the area, so who knows when to stop?

i have never given an injection so this doesnt worry me, a players long run health is more important than short, the only case i might do it if a player is about to end his career and its a final or something

i have never given an injection so this doesnt worry me, a players long run health is more important than short, the only case i might do it if a player is about to end his career and its a final or something

i agree with this, say he did take the injection and played the match he might get injured for 6 or so months so i dont see it being a wise decision to give the injection.

Anyway you always have the next year to win the cup etc.

correct me if i'm wrong but you pay players to play football, not take career threatening pain injections, just because someone refuses a pain injection doesn't mean they are not a fighter or warrior, they just want to recover as quickly as possible and get on with playing.

didnt ballack have to take pain killing injections in every game for the last 3-4 months of the season when leverkusen was chasing a treble?, john terry has aswell, gerrard also and you look at these men as warriors and only a serious injury would keep them off the pitch, i want these sort of players with that sort of character thats all im saying....

But in FM, IF a player agrees to an injection once, he'll surely refuse a second. Has anyone ever had a player accept an injection for two games running? Has anyone ever doped them up enough to cripple them or have a fatal falling out? Personally, the likelihood of the player falling out with me is more than worth the risk.

I would never give a player a painkilling injection, just goes against my fm ethic. They seem to want to perform better when they get back from injury. & the youth who take their place always fight hard.

But in FM, IF a player agrees to an injection once, he'll surely refuse a second. Has anyone ever had a player accept an injection for two games running? Has anyone ever doped them up enough to cripple them or have a fatal falling out? Personally, the likelihood of the player falling out with me is more than worth the risk.

I once gave a player so many injections he was that doped up he thought he was a biscuit! :D

Not really, i actually dont think i have ever given injections. Like someone else said, its kind of against my ethic. I think the only time i would consider it maybe is if my first team player is injured, meaning i bring my backup in. If my backup picks up an injury, and i dont have any adequate youth, i would only then consider an injection.

I only ever used the injections once on a player for a CL semi final and I swore I'd never do it again. The player (cant remember who now) was so awful that I took him off after 30 min.

Personally I would rather let my players take the time out and come back fit and complete rather than play "half" a player.

Archived