Commercial Link Clubs

I made a boo boo. And fm is raping me.

I signed two commercial feeder clubs to get extra income.

Fast forward 5+ years and i cancelled the links as i was currently dominating world football with bristol rovers. In that time my board changed, and the new board wont let me pick new feeder clubs. I cancelled the old links because my rep is much higher than it was when i originally had them.

I ask for a feeder club but all they find me is tiny clubs, ie not clubs that can generate me extra income. As a result i am losing 5 millions pounds a month. :(

Is this a bug? Why won't the board get me any new commercial links?

I made a boo boo. And fm is raping me.

I signed two commercial feeder clubs to get extra income.

Fast forward 5+ years and i cancelled the links as i was currently dominating world football with bristol rovers. In that time my board changed, and the new board wont let me pick new feeder clubs. I cancelled the old links because my rep is much higher than it was when i originally had them.

I ask for a feeder club but all they find me is tiny clubs, ie not clubs that can generate me extra income. As a result i am losing 5 millions pounds a month. :(

Is this a bug? Why won't the board get me any new commercial links?

Probably because:

1. Your reputation might not be high enough to warrant a Commercial Feeder Club.

2. Theres no Commercial Feeder Clubs left?

Have a look through the Japanese, US and Chinese clubs and see if they're all affiliated with already.

Bit of a daft decision though to cancel them in the first place.... irrelevant of how great your finances are and how great your team is.

Probably because:

1. Your reputation might not be high enough to warrant a Commercial Feeder Club.

2. Theres no Commercial Feeder Clubs left?

Have a look through the Japanese, US and Chinese clubs and see if they're all affiliated with already.

Bit of a daft decision though to cancel them in the first place.... irrelevant of how great your finances are and how great your team is.

My reputation is worldwide, and i have won the prem and champs league for the past 5 years running.

I know it was stupid to cancel the two links i did have, i just thought that because of my massive increase in reputation i would have no trouble finding another commercial link.

Your own fault, you shouldn't have canceled them as even as your rep increases your merchandising should with the right signings and success.

All you can do is wait, will take a while before the board come around to the commercial feeder clubs.

My reputation is worldwide, and i have won the prem and champs league for the past 5 years running.

I know it was stupid to cancel the two links i did have, i just thought that because of my massive increase in reputation i would have no trouble finding another commercial link.

exactly lover boys, his rep. is worldwide and hes won the big comps. no it ain't his fault! he should have no trouble finding another commercial link!

Never should've done it, if you buy a star from their country then your profits should rocket there, I got Morimoto when I had a Japanese feeder club and it worked wonders in both ways.

Sorry to say that signing Japanese players doesn't have any effect if you happen to have a Japanese feeder club.

If the Japanese player had a worldwide reputation, it would obviously help in the same way that signing David Beckham would.

But it's a myth that players from the same country as your Commercial feeder club brings increased merchandise sales.

exactly lover boys, his rep. is worldwide and hes won the big comps. no it ain't his fault! he should have no trouble finding another commercial link!

Ok, blame aside for one minute, theres only so many Japanese/US/Chinese clubs there to link up with. Eventually, they're all going to be tied up with English, Spanish, Italian and perhaps German and French clubs taking them up. So after 5 years, it won't be easy trying to find a club.

I thought people established that commercial links act as modifiers for when the club sign big name players otherwise they're useless.

I wrote a thread a while back about how they acted as multipliers for transfers, but it didn't get many views or replies and considering the thousands of posters and lurkers on the forums i'm not surprised that many still don't understand the Commercial links :)

would it be possible to enjoy the benefits of commercial links when you turned off the league of the feeder club in question?

eg: comm link with a club in china, would i benefit even if i turned the chinese league off?

Having them just to have them isn't really beneficial any income you get from them is basically spent on maintaining the link. According to swisso's test the commercial links only give you more money if you sign a big name player.

would it be possible to enjoy the benefits of commercial links when you turned off the league of the feeder club in question?

eg: comm link with a club in china, would i benefit even if i turned the chinese league off?

yes, the us, chinese and japanese leagues dont have to be active in order to see the benefits :)

as bardock mentioned, ive covered commercial links extensively and they only bring benefits if you actively sign players, they wont bring income just sitting there :)

On a slight side note...If you've won the Prem and Champs League for the last 5 years like you say, then how on earth are you losing £5m a month?! You must have a wage bill thats ridiculously high, try looking at that to cut down your spending - when players have been at your club for a while and like you & the club they are more willing to take a pay cut, esp. if the club is doing so well like you say

I wrote a thread a while back about how they acted as multipliers for transfers, but it didn't get many views or replies and considering the thousands of posters and lurkers on the forums i'm not surprised that many still don't understand the Commercial links :)

Well, I was one of your few viewers then Swisso, and I thoroughly appreciated your input - it put to bed a few myths (like the one below).

On another note, regarding your replies on that thread, unfortunately for some newbies I've kinda stopped replying to things that can be found easily by searching or are straight forward enough in themselves. Your thread was pretty clear I thought and didn't want to clutter it up with 'thank you posts'.

I got Morimoto when I had a Japanese feeder club and it worked wonders in both ways.

Any increases you're seeing are as a result of other transfer activity.

Having them just to have them isn't really beneficial any income you get from them is basically spent on maintaining the link.

Exactly. You should really base it on how busy you're going to be in the market. For example, if you're in the first few years of a career and are bringing in your own players, or after a few years need to rebuild your squad, it would be beneficial to have one.

It was an excellent post which sadly has disappeared down the General Discussion pages. Did you wikify it or something similar?

Archived