Scouting International Competitions

I'm sure many of us send scouts to the large international competitions if we are managing in the higher leagues, as the world cup, and the euro cup are where many of the worlds greatest players and hottest prospects play.

One problem I have noticed though, is to do with the matches my scouts decide to watch. I always send more than one scout, as I know usually there are matches on the same day, at the same time. I do this to make sure my scouts can see as much of the available talent as possible. But at the 2010 World Cup; and other competitions on other saves, I've noticed that both of my scouts are attending the same matches, and this means I end up with repeat recommendations of the same players.

Surely if a club were to send scouts to the world cup, they would attend different matches, as to see as many players as possible, and to gain a wider knowledge of the quality players at the competition.

In my opinion this needs to be re-worked for FM 2010, and I can't imagine it being very difficult to do. Have other people had experiences of this problem? And has anybody found a way to work around this?

Sorry if this is something that has already been mentioned, but I don't think I have seen it and the search button never seems to work for me.

I've noticed this a couple of times. I'd also like see more press covergae of the build up to these tournaments as it is often forgotten about.

Things like the favourites, the surprise qualifiers, the ones to watch, final farewells to retiring players, hot prospects etc.

Would add realism.

EDIT: Also, I;d like to see players being signed off the back off their performances in international tournaments - people who make a name for themselves and people who look better than they actually are.

Guys who's careers have took a turn iclude:

Shearer

Diouf

Proborsky

et al

Archived