Whoes still playing?

Wolves. 30 years and counting. :) And well done!

That is very impressive, with with regards my own time in game (FM2009) one season if that, 08 the same (maybe two seasons) CM01/02 (played it like forever).

I think it might be a nostalgia thing but just can't seem to get into any of the newer games, fm2008 maybe the exception as I do still play it from time to time.

However excellent with regards your 30 seasons (is that with 08 or 09)?

Cheers

The more I play 09, the more I fall in love with it. I play really slowly (two to three matches a day watching in full and 'normal' speed) so it takes just under a month for me to complete a season. My career game is really kicking in and I'm having lots of fun playing with tactics, testing out motivation and trying to make some sense of press conferences and figuring out how to manipulate the press.

This is my second attempt at a career game under 9.3 (first attempt ended due to graphics card driver problems with 9.3) and so I'm in my second season with BSS Bognor. It's late March and I'm pushing hard for the play-offs - this in spite of having to field weakened teams in the league since I managed to reach the 3rd round of the FA Cup and the Quarter Finals of the Setanta Shield. All done without loading up players not realistically signable by Bognor (eg Reunion etc).

@OP - chin up. 4 straight losses sucks, but figuring out how to turn it round might be great fun, and when you do the buzz from the game is most enjoyable ;)

That is very impressive, with with regards my own time in game (FM2009) one season if that, 08 the same (maybe two seasons) CM01/02 (played it like forever).

I think it might be a nostalgia thing but just can't seem to get into any of the newer games, fm2008 maybe the exception as I do still play it from time to time.

However excellent with regards your 30 seasons (is that with 08 or 09)?

Cheers

Ta :D

I'm playing '09 - never got into '08. I've admittedly played this save relatively fast, holidaying through some lesser fixtures, but nonetheless I'm enjoying it hugely.

Nothing better or more satisfying than signing a team of youngsters and moulding them into world-beaters. :D Admittedly, some players I still splash out for. Just broke my spending record (by double) to sign a striker; but his return of 3 goals, 2 assists and 2 MOMs in his first 2 matches seems promising to say the least.

The more I play 09, the more I fall in love with it. I play really slowly (two to three matches a day watching in full and 'normal' speed) so it takes just under a month for me to complete a season. My career game is really kicking in and I'm having lots of fun playing with tactics, testing out motivation and trying to make some sense of press conferences and figuring out how to manipulate the press.

This is my second attempt at a career game under 9.3 (first attempt ended due to graphics card driver problems with 9.3) and so I'm in my second season with BSS Bognor. It's late March and I'm pushing hard for the play-offs - this in spite of having to field weakened teams in the league since I managed to reach the 3rd round of the FA Cup and the Quarter Finals of the Setanta Shield. All done without loading up players not realistically signable by Bognor (eg Reunion etc).

@OP - chin up. 4 straight losses sucks, but figuring out how to turn it round might be great fun, and when you do the buzz from the game is most enjoyable ;)

Sounds like a good career going, out of interest, did you get any big games in the FA Cup? I enjoying hearing stories as my favourite FM result came by beating Arsenal as a measely conference side (albeit runaway leaders AFC Wimbledon) being a Chelsea fan made it even sweeter.:p

With regards to the consecutive losses, I've managed to reinstate a bit of pride by beating a second division team 7-0 in the cup!:D

Sounds like a good career going, out of interest, did you get any big games in the FA Cup? I enjoying hearing stories as my favourite FM result came by beating Arsenal as a measely conference side (albeit runaway leaders AFC Wimbledon) being a Chelsea fan made it even sweeter.:p

With regards to the consecutive losses, I've managed to reinstate a bit of pride by beating a second division team 7-0 in the cup!:D

Sadly no such amazing victories against the Premier League. I beat BSP teams until the 3rd round, when I had Premier League West Brom away from home. They hammered me but the ticket money was nice :D

Stuck in Swedish First Division North with Mariehem around mid-table now. Morale superb, but the quality of my players aren't that great. I'm in 2018 btw. Will probably be struggling to avoid relegation, by the end of the campagin.

Still, i'm determined to take them all the way. Won't be quitting any time soon.

I've just suffered five consecutive defeats :(

Saying that, we are in our first PL season and after winning our first two matches it leaves us outside of the relegation places, which is all I'm aiming for. Losing every week isn't exactly thrilling but I'm still completely hooked, just hoping we can stay up and make a better go of it next season.

Stuck in Swedish First Division North with Mariehem around mid-table now. Morale superb, but the quality of my players aren't that great. I'm in 2018 btw. Will probably be struggling to avoid relegation, by the end of the campagin.

Still, i'm determined to take them all the way. Won't be quitting any time soon.

Even Malmo's turning out to be a real challenge as the quality of other Swedish teams can't be taken for granted, having a very young team it took time for my team to settle but much of them are peaking now and I'm improving my team bit by bit. Player quality is also my problem as it is hard to strengthen it to challenge on a european front.

im sunderland manager and im in my fourth season and have been highly successful winning the epl twice and winning the champions league, got offered job as england manager after capello for some strange reason quit even tough he was doing a very good job (had already qualified for european championship with 3 games to go...) leaving me with a really easy job....despite this i am starting to get bored of the save and am losing motivation despite my success........

im sunderland manager and im in my fourth season and have been highly successful winning the epl twice and winning the champions league, got offered job as england manager after capello for some strange reason quit even tough he was doing a very good job (had already qualified for european championship with 3 games to go...) leaving me with a really easy job....despite this i am starting to get bored of the save and am losing motivation despite my success........

I find it easier to have two quite different saves running at the same time which helps preventing boredom if that helps.

Even Malmo's turning out to be a real challenge as the quality of other Swedish teams can't be taken for granted, having a very young team it took time for my team to settle but much of them are peaking now and I'm improving my team bit by bit. Player quality is also my problem as it is hard to strengthen it to challenge on a european front.

I have a pretty good scout as well, but the best players are always goalkeepers. Which i have enough of. And my best players are starting to get too old now, so it's going to be interesting to see how it develops.

But it is tricky with the swedish teams; in my game at least. The quality of other teams changes all the time, so it's really hard to know what to expect. Had one team (can't remember which) that were awesome one season, and then the next season i hammered them, becuase they were crap. They didn't even change much. But yay for me :p

I'm in my 5th season with Oxford on 9.0.2 and are chasing for the championship title. Been promoted 3 times in 4 years and are 2nd in the championship with a media prediction of 24th :) Hooked on this save, this has been my only save of any note

I'm in my 7th season with Brescia. On top of Serie A after 13 games and pretty sure my players will bottle it. I was really considering leaving them in the summer because of the declining finances and lack of ambition shown by the chairman. Managed to generate £112 million from player sales to bolster up defence and attack.

Archived