Since the wishlist is more a.. well.. a list than a discussion, i'll post this here!

Some things I'd love to see in FM2010. I've put this on the wishlist but more for the benefit of SI if they really read it! No one really talks on there, they mostly skip to the end then post (in my experience). If anyone sees anything they like or dislike, pls discuss!

Im going to repeat the transfer thing - a club's finances should dictate how much they should be able to hold out for moneywise. I just bought Miralem Pjanic from Lyon, but they wouldnt budge for anything less than £110m. Would Lyon ever hold out for more than £40m for a good midfielder? Realistic negotiation too- anytime i try to negotiate, I end up in a stalemate where they ask for more than they originally negotiated. GAH!!

Reaction to transfers: the fans should be outraged and demand the money is outlaid on more quality talent.

Also, players loyalties seem a tad high. Messi always retires at Barca, Ronaldo at Man Utd, Kaka at Milan, etc etc. Maybe player finances (and player career earnings!) should be included. For example: Beckham doesnt need the money anymore, so why care about staying in yankland?

Clubs/boards should be reactive: The year is 2012, SAF retires and Man Utd finish 5th. Do the yanks throw in the towel and resign their plaything to an eternity of mediocrity? No! They react to it! They inject a massive .. umm.. injection of cash and completely rip up the squad. Oust the underachievers, buy new players. No more finding the same Man Utd team in the year 2017 as in 2008 trying to eek out their careers' twilights in 8th place in the premiership.

I'd love to see the ability to directly influence ur club's commercial impact on a region. For example a "reputation scroll bar" per country or area. Sign a Korean superstar and your reputation in Asia skyrockets. Play and win a friendly tournament in America, and your shirt sales over in the US rocket. Sign an Argentinian wonderboy, and schoolkids in Buenos Aires buy your shirts. They say Real Madrid make 1/3rd of their income through commerce. I'd love to see that integrate into FM.

Play beautiful attacking football, people will want to watch you. More money & more bums on seats?

A stat called goalscoaring instinct for Kris Boyd. (so that FM doesnt have to pretend the rest of his stats should be high)

Make ultimatums mean something. Been sacked every time.

The ability to ask for a new stadium, instead of just an expansion. If they say no, the ability to negotiate: "Well how much money do we need to raise for a 70,000 seater? We already have £200m in the bank..." or "If I sell this player for £25m, would the answer be yes?"

The ability to save money without paying outrageous shareholder cash.

The ability to pay off debt - I'd love to pay off 30 year loans early.

The ability to evolve a rivalry. Its no fun when you take a small team to the top and they have no derby matches in the premiership.

The ability of a league to evolve- I've been in the SPL with rangers for years. 3 champions league slots, 3 uefa cup slots and i've won the champions league once, as well as the uefa cup once. Still hardly any quality players will come to me or any of my compatriots. Perhaps the Scottish game as a whole should have evolved to compensate for this. Bigger TV deals, better players coming through the youth system, etc.

An increase in grass roots investment. You could decide how much you want your club to scour the fields of yorkshire, the streets of london or the pubs in glasgow for 13-14 year old prodigies.

Finally, the potential for a manager to become a club legend. A statue? Of moi? Yes, right over there by the fountain please. Fantastic. Thanks.

But the debts would be mainly down to the owners/chairman, as it is their money problems, rather than the managers.

Good point. To be fair though, in real life, its down to the board to take control of the wages and the signings a lot of the time too. And the commerce, the friendlies, everything. But in this game we get a lot more control than managers do in real life, so why stop before loan repayments :)

The ability of a league to evolve- I've been in the SPL with rangers for years. 3 champions league slots, 3 uefa cup slots and i've won the champions league once, as well as the uefa cup once. Still hardly any quality players will come to me or any of my compatriots. Perhaps the Scottish game as a whole should have evolved to compensate for this. Bigger TV deals, better players coming through the youth system, etc.

This is because League reputation, unlike the clubs reputation, is static and hence does not change.

I'd like to see a thing where, if one of your better players decides to leave, you can bargain with him. say something like 'hey, stay one more season, help us get in to Europe, and then we'll let you leave.' Or something like that...

EDIT: Oh, and if your chairman accepts a bid for your star player, be able to issue an ultimatum - if you sell him, I'm leaving...or something like that....

For example: Beckham doesnt need the money anymore, so why care about staying in yankland?

Thats easy to answer. He only stays in America because its Victoria who wanted to go there in the first place. Why do you think he couldn't wait to sign for Milan;)

• 2 weeks later...
Thats easy to answer. He only stays in America because its Victoria who wanted to go there in the first place. Why do you think he couldn't wait to sign for Milan;)

Because Victoria wanted an extended shopping trip? :)

I'm going to close this thread; the rule is pretty clear, the wishlist is the place for lists of ideas.

If you want to start a discussion, post a single idea with well-thought-out argument in support of it.

Archived