is this common

I recently changed my away tactic because my team were not winning away from home , this was the the same away tactic that i have used before to win things

So i changed my tactic but then it started to go wrong .

I then changed my tactic to the first one that i had and it worked again ??

Personally I never change my tactics for away games. I use the same tactic home and away and it works for me perfectly.

If your tactic is right you should not need to change it as it is irrelevant if you are home or away.

Same as Morgie. I try to play with a well-balanced formation that works both home and away. In my first, what I thought was a real, good, solid tactic, I would change the mentality between home and away, defensive line too.

Depends what system you're playing.

I now believe I have a tactic in which I don't even need to change the mentality between home and away, and barely even the defensive line either. It's very well balanced between defence and attack and basically most individuals have their own mentality settings, there are only 3 on the pitch that use the team setting for mentality.

Therefore the tactic pretty much does what it does.

I tend to change other things in-game, such as marking, occasionally knocking forward runs off a midfield player, or putting individual mentality on my full-backs if I need to defend but want to push my other CM up.

But there are a lot of factors as to why the formation didn't work for a period of time... sometimes if you are missing just one or 2 players it can change the dynamic of your team. Or you might play an expansive game, and then you've played on a couple of small, narrow pitches and found it harder to dominate, and I've found I have to re-balance my formation a little on small pitches, for example.

Think there are a number of possible factors.

Archived