Scouting: Am I mission something obvious?

I use scouts to find all my players, but I find that the scout interface is surprisingly bad. For starters, why can't I see any detail information about what tasks my scouts are assigned to? I typically send a scout off to search for a certain position, perhaps with a restriction on price and age, I'd really like to see those restrictions in the UI, as I can never remember after a few weeks. It would also be great if I could open up a scout assignment, adjust the restrictions, and restart it.

Secondly: I really miss the ability to ask my scouts too look for a type of player. For example, I'm currently looking for a target man. Why can't I tell my scouts to look for this type of player (or a fast winger, a playmaker, a dogfighter etc...)? I have no idea about how scouting works in real life, but I would expect that this kind of instruction would make a lot of sense in the game, and make scouting a lot more pleasant.

You're right the scouting part of the game is a bit too weak. They could work on it a little. It does an adequate job now but a few of the things you've mentioned should definitely be added.

Right now I tend to use them to uncover people everyone they can. I just ask them to go to a country or region and scout then I sort through them looking for what I want.

I think that's what SI want you to do. They let the scouts look for certain people based on a position, age, etc... Then expect you to use the filter to look for the attributes you want.

Archived