European Selection

I've started as Portsmouth manager and have got to the stage where I need to select my first european squad in the first season.

I can't find 4 players who have trained at Portsmouth since being a kid. The game won't progress until I pick my squad but I'm at a standstill. Even Auto select only finds two.

Is that game over?

are you 100% sure you dont have any? have you checked your youths? usually you will find some there, check your under 19's im sure you will find some there, if there is none then im not sure what you can do but im pretty certain they will be there.

Does this mean, in other words: that you can register 4 players who trained at your club, another 4 that trained in your nation, plus 17 more who can be anyone, AND anyone 21 years old or younger can play in the games regardless of whether they are registered or not?

Does this mean, in other words: that you can register 4 players who trained at your club, another 4 that trained in your nation, plus 17 more who can be anyone, AND anyone 21 years old or younger can play in the games regardless of whether they are registered or not?

More or less yes.

So in a nutshell...

Don't register anyone 21 or under even if they are trained at the club because they will be elligible.

You have to register 8 players trained in the nation OR register less than 25 players in total.

So if you only have 5 players trained in the nation (unlikely) you will be allowed to register 22 players - the 3 spaces make up for the lack of home natrion players

You must register 4 players trained at your club OR register 21 players.

It usually works out well for me. I have a fairly young squad and can get all my overage players registered, This becomes easier the further into the future you get as more and more young players are trained at the club (if you buy young players that is!)

Only once have I had to leave out a player because of the the squad rules. He was a bakcup anyway so no big deal.

Archived