Joint ownership

I'm playing as Parma at the moment and recently got promoted back into Serie A, lots of the bigger clubs are making offers to co-own one of my strikers, which I have been refusing. Recently the striker has become unsettled by this saying I shouldnt keep him at the club against his will. The thing is none of the clubs are wanting him to move just a chance to take him in the future.

Firstly surely the player shouldnt be moaning about not being allowed to move, which fair enough is a small detail and probably just needs the news item rewriting. But more importantly I want the option to tell the team either buy him outright or not at all, as if one of the teams doubled the bid they are currently offering I might think about selling him.

sell them on a co-ownership and then delay the deal every year so your getting paid to keep a player and he is not unhappy

I ended up taking the offer as Juventus offered me 9 mil with a 16 mil clause for full ownership, problem is he is still frustrated at not being allowed to move so its kind of backfired as I have the money and the player but he doesnt want to be at Parma. Its frustrating because so many of the options were non-negotiable especially as I picked up another talented young striker with the money for peanuts so he wouldnt be missed at all if he went now.

The best thing may have been to seel him co-ownership but let him go to Juventus. You get the £9m and buy a replacement, he goes to Juve and is happy and then you either get more money at the end of the co-ownership or you get him back - in which case sell him again... (I think as my knowledge of co-ownership is very limited)

The best thing may have been to seel him co-ownership but let him go to Juventus. You get the £9m and buy a replacement, he goes to Juve and is happy and then you either get more money at the end of the co-ownership or you get him back - in which case sell him again... (I think as my knowledge of co-ownership is very limited)

Sure, but that was one of the things that was non negotiable in the deal, I probably should have just rejected the deal and offered him for sale at twice the price quoted.

Archived