target man

I have got a 6ft 4 inch striker

I want him to be able to get on the end of crosses and noticed the option in the tactic men and that allows wingers to cross directly to the target man , that is good

But I want to set him up without my team looking to hoof it up to him .

I only want to be able to use him as a target man so he can score from crosses

Is there a way that I can set him up to get on the end of crosses without changing my teams style of play ?

Cheers

I would say dont put him as a target man, play with lots of width, passing down both flanks and the wingers to cross often.... If they do that then he will be in there anyway to head the balls in!

Good Luck!

I might be wrong but I think you can put him in the target man shortlist and then set the wingers to cross to target man. He gets picked up as target man.

Apparently and I don't know if this has been debunked yet, adding players in the playmaker or target man shortlist makes them semi playmkers or target man.

But even if I did this my team would still try and hoof it up to him ?

No there is the option for the whole team to 'use target man'

But there is also the option for players individually under cross aim to go for 'target man'

So if you just set the two wide players to target him it shouldnt be a problem.

Be warned though I use a target man sometimes and if hes having a bad game it can result in some truly terrible ratings for him due to losing so many headers...

Archived