AI running with the ball vs users

This needs to be fixed IMO. Seems like alot of AI players (esp wingers and lone strikers) can dribble thru even the most resolute defenses regardless of tactics (I thoroughly tested this using the suggestions of the tactical bible). Even though I'm not having any trouble as far as winning games but it irks me to see players constantly running past my players without minimal fuss when my players can't do the same (unless I play lesser opponents). I wouldn't mind if there were some consistencies to running with ball but there really isn't. My fullbacks get shredded, AI's doesn't. It's not causing me too lose, but in reality it should be.

There's two answers:

a) It's your players

b) It's your tactics.

The AI gets no bonuses like this at all. The match engine knows no difference between an AI and a human player.

Now, personally, I find that beating players is a bit too easy, particularly for wingers. But it happens for both me and the AI.

There's two answers:

a) It's your players

b) It's your tactics.

The AI gets no bonuses like this at all. The match engine knows no difference between an AI and a human player.

Now, personally, I find that beating players is a bit too easy, particularly for wingers. But it happens for both me and the AI.

There have been numerous discussions to this effect and your response was not helpful. First you dismissed the OP's problem as his fault, then you subseqeuntly admitted that, actually, this is something that seems to happen too often in FM09.

At the end of the day the majority of us want a Football simulation that is essentially realistic and reflective of the modern-day game. If wingers do have too easy a time, then that is a problem, regardless of whether it benefits the AI or You.

OP: It's a problem that's been brought up a few times on this board. The general advice is to put your fullbacks on high-closing down and hard tackling. See this thread.

There have been numerous discussions to this effect and your response was not helpful. First you dismissed the OP's problem as his fault, then you subseqeuntly admitted that, actually, this is something that seems to happen too often in FM09.

No I didn't. I explicitely stated the problem that the OP reported - AI being able to do things that the player can't - does not occur.

No I didn't. I explicitely stated the problem that the OP reported - AI being able to do things that the player can't - does not occur.

For some reason I missed the above line despite reading your post a few times :confused: Without it, the post looks a lot worse. But my fault for being blind :o

My apologies. I retract my statement. :)

It's not a very common occurrence in my game. Actually it seems just about right but maybe I haven't paid too much attention to it so I'll keep an eye out today.

My problem is the amount of fouls committed by the person with the ball. That happens both to me and the AI a lot. Always seemed a bit weird.

For some reason I missed the above line despite reading your post a few times :confused: Without it, the post looks a lot worse. But my fault for being blind :o

My apologies. I retract my statement. :)

No prob. ;)

There's two answers:

a) It's your players

b) It's your tactics.

Why do people always say this? Are you a programmer? If not I'm not sure how people can just say "It's tactics". That just means I don't know the answer to your question, but it cannot be a problem with the game.

I can send you a current test game that I am playing where no matter what tactics are used my players get skinned. You check my player attributes (esp that of my defenders) too and then you tell me if you want to keep using that same tired line.

Why do people always say this? Are you a programmer? If not I'm not sure how people can just say "It's tactics". That just means I don't know the answer to your question, but it cannot be a problem with the game.

I can send you a current test game that I am playing where no matter what tactics are used my players get skinned. You check my player attributes (esp that of my defenders) too and then you tell me if you want to keep using that same tired line.

I admit the "It's your tactics/players" bit wasn't that clear. I was actually refering to the part of the OP where you claimed that it only happens to the AI - ie the title of the post. Though, the last line of my reply should've made that clear, as I actually acknowledge that there does seem to be a problem.

So, I'll reword it:

Yes, IMO there probably is a problem with players being beaten too easily. But it works for both you and the AI. If only the AI is taking advantage of it, then either your players are lacking, or your tactics are lacking. SI have repeatedly confirmed that the match engine treats human controlled teams and AI controlled teams the same.

Archived